GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"to the user on here called witch-king"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/08/04 at 14:59
Regular
hi,your link for your walkthrough i can'y acces i get refer error or something,i'm still stuck on the game.
Sat 21/08/04 at 18:52
Regular
i need a walkthrough for hitman contracts from chapter 4, i'm thinking of trading it in if i can't get a walkthrough as i find it hard to play
Sat 21/08/04 at 10:04
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
if my gad winning walkthru doesn't cover it, ask me on here.
Sat 21/08/04 at 06:34
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
This is a guide to unlocking Lu Bu.

Use your best Wei character. They should be maxed or you will have trouble. Set it to Hard difficulty. There are a few things you should know before attempting this:

Every soldier is vital. Remember, privates as just as useful as Lu Bu, and a lot easier to kill.

Don't kill the gate captains. Try and get the most enemies out of each gate, and then move on. If the gate captains are left alive then more enemies will come on to the battlefield, and also your allied generals will waste hours trying to kill these guys.

Don't kill officers unless absolutely necessary. These will also hold up your officers, especially seems as a lot of them need to killed to access Fan Shui Gate.

Stay alive. Don't get yourself killed trying to get too many KOs. You only need 1000KOs, and there are plenty enough around to give you that lump sum.

You can't switch off Bodyguards. They will kill enemies, so kill them first. As soon as you get into a rabble, they'll be killed quickly.

Save often. This is a great way to restore health and musou. Also, there is a chance you will get killed, and you don't want to get caught cold by Lu Bu.

With this in mind, start the level. Go South down the path and kill as many enemies as possible from the gate and the battlefield. AVOID killing Li Meng, as he will hold up Cao Cao for at least 10 mins. Don't worry if you only have about 30 KOs at this point, as you can easily make it up later.

Carry on down the path killing anyone you see until you get to Xu Rong's area. Get the max out of the gate, and try to shoot the archers on the wall from afar, as they will really annoy you. Don't hesitate to find health if you go below a third of its max. Unfortunately, you have to kill Xu Rong to progress. However, luck turns your way as Yuan Shao tells Cao Cao to wait after Xu Rong is defeated. You should have about 150 KOs at least. If not, don't panic. SAVE. There is a memory card round the back of this gate.

After this, instead of cutting down to Hu Lao Gate and Lu Bu, head north to Fan Shui gate. Li Jue is the officer here, but make sure you kill his officers Guo Si and Jia Xu and all of his men before traversing Fan Shui. Again get the max of the gate. Try to get as many KOs as you can between Fan Shui and the end of the "Wei path". Try to get to 350-400 KOs at least by the time you jump over Fan Shui.

DO NOT kill Hua Xiong, as this will open Fan Shui, and the Wei forces will attack Hu Lao Gate. Head slightly north of him to the gate under Yuan Shao's starting position. Here you can kill 80% of Hua Xiong's extensive force as well as his officer Hu Zhen. This was the place that boosted my KOs count a lot, up to about 650. Again, if you have lost any health and a meat bun is on offer, take it, as you never know whether you're going to need it.

Now head East to Wang Fang's position. Here, you can wipe out another 10% of Hua Xiong's force as well as Wang Fang's. Again, get the most out of the gate, but you can kill the gate captain if you wish. This should get you up to at least 750 KOs, and there is still at least 500 KOs left in the level! Now head West to Zhou Cen's position. There is a gate part of the way over which gives a lot of KOs. If the amount of men runs out, don't kill the gate captain, cause more will appear on your way back. Go up and massacre Zhou Cen's troop, and go back down to the afore-mentioned gate. This is where I obtained my 1000th KO, but it doesn't even matter if you only have about 750-800. Any less than 600 and you should consider retrying. By now, a message should have appeared announcing an enemy ambush. You should take care of this, cause Yuan Shao can be killed by this meagre force.

Canter down to Fan Shui Gate and kill Hua Xiong if he's still alive, he was for me. Go down to Zhang Liao's passage where you can gain another 100 or so KOs. Kill Zhang Liao and carry on past Lu Bu to Hu Lao Gate. If you STILL don't have 1000, you can get 50 outside Hu Lao Gate and 100-200 more inside. Kill the gate captains and Diao Chan if you can. Dong Zhuo shouldn't have many troops left now, so leave Hu Lao Gate. Use the save point next to the gate as Lu Bu could well kill you.

I'm not sure if you need to kill Lu Bu to unlock him, but I did, considering it seemed it would be a bit pointless to waste an hour getting 1000 KOs if I didn't get the reward. Here is my strategy to defeat him:
1.Use arrows to defeat any of his remaining troops near him.
2.Don't let him get a hit in.
3.If you see him using a Musou, hold L1 to block immediately.
4.It will take a long time, as Lu Bu has about 200 healing items in hard, unless you want to keep using 3-hit combos, which increases the risk of him hitting you.

Go back to kill Dong Zhuo.

When you get 1000KOs, all of your remaining allied friends' morale will increase to max.
Fri 20/08/04 at 14:59
Regular
hi,your link for your walkthrough i can'y acces i get refer error or something,i'm still stuck on the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.