GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/05/00 at 16:03
Regular
I have waited a long time for this. At E3 the awaited sequel to the great game Metal Gear Solid was finally unveiled. It's called Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty and it will be sneaking onto your Playstation 2 sometime in Fall 2000. As normal, you are Solid Snake, a man highly trained in covert operations and has been successful in all of his missions, meeting old and new friends, and many enemies. The plot has not been finalised yet, and we don't know everything about it, but here's what I know. Information about Metal Gear was finally leaked out from Alaska, and it's fallen into the hands of the wrong people. The new Metal Gear is called Metal Gear Ray, and it's being transported somewhere on a ship from New York. You, Solid Snake, infiltrate the ship and you must go through terrorists, bosses and the final battle with Metal Gear Ray. Revolver Ocelot, the remaining survivor of the baddies in Metal Gear Solid is heading the operation, obviously partnered by the third brother-the President of United States who you hear right at the end of Metal Gear Solid. The guards are harder to kill, with better senses, and they also try to protect themselves and dive out of the way of bullets, making it harder for them to kill you. But you don't have to kill them, you get a special tranquilizer gun that will make your enemies unconscious. According to the man who made Metal Gear Solid and this game, Hideo Kojima, you can complete the game without killing any of the non-boss enemies. He was also nervous about the reaction he would get about the game, but the game stole the show, the crowd loved it. Graphics look brilliant, especially Solid Snake, who is highly detailed and looks great. The game is longer and there are some old friends back. Hal Otacon, the scientist Snake saved back in Alaska, is back. And I think Snake's lover, Meryl, is back as well. Another new weapon is an AK-47, along with the FAMAS (an assault rifle) and the SOCOM (a semi-automatic pistol). If you want to see the 61 screenshots of the game and news about it, go to ZDNet.com and go onto the gamespot part of the site, and then click on Metal Gear Solid 2.
This game will easily knock Perfect Dark off 1st place, and will be a complete revolution in gaming. I've waited a long time for news of this game, and I will have to wait over a year before it comes out, but trust me, it'll be worth the wait.
Thank You, Ant.
Sat 20/05/00 at 13:33
European/US launch will be autumn 2001, according to ZDNet.
Bleeders wrote:
> I need to ask a question. Why do some of you have to put other
> consoles/games down?
>
> With the way the European market is treated, I wouldn't be
> surprised to see Metal Gear 2 arrive over till early 2002.
>
> TGF Imports!
Sat 20/05/00 at 13:27
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I need to ask a question. Why do some of you have to put other consoles/games down?

With the way the European market is treated, I wouldn't be surprised to see Metal Gear 2 arrive over till early 2002.

TGF Imports!
Sat 20/05/00 at 09:46
Don't s**g off Perfect Dark it's the sequel to Goldeneye probebly the greatest game of all time. I mean in Japan you're supposedly great Metal Gear Solid was outsold by Pokemon despite Metal Gear being available over a month before Pokemon and big deal a follow up to a game that hasn't changed at all by the sounds of it Perfect Dark on the other hand changes everything that was in Goldeneye and makes an absolutely brand new game that would beat Metal Gear, Special Missions and Metal Gear 2's all in one go.
Fri 19/05/00 at 19:17
You know, I'm not sure, but the game is coming out in autumn 2001, they could put a multiplayer option in, if they do, it will be THE BEST! Even without it, it will still be the BEST! I LOVE THIS GAME! IT'S GIVEN ME PLEASURE PLAYING IT, THE PLEASURE OF KNOWING ANOTHER ONE WILL COME OUT, AND KNOW IT'S WON ME A GAME!!!!
METAL GEAR IT'S THE BEST,
IT'LL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN THE REST,
SO DON'T BE A FOOL,
'COS METAL GEAR'S COOL,
SO BUY IT NOW,
AND SEND PERFECT DARK DOWN!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!
What do you think of my poem?
doctormonkey wrote:
> You are so right. Metal Gear Solid was the best game ever seen on
> any console, not to mention the best looking game, most original
> game, and the game with the best plot ever. Just imagine how
> barnstorming will be on PlayStation 2! I can't wait for it, i
> just know it's gonna be the best thing ever! Hasn't anyone at
> Konami seen the potential for a multiplayer version of Metal
> Gear? Imagine the thrill of sneaking up behind your mate and
> breaking his neck under the cover of darkness. How it hasn't been
> tapped in on i can't see - multiplayer games are the only thing
> that will outlast the gaming revolution - gamers are becoming
> smarter and have realised their is more to life than spoddy one
> player RPGs. A multiplayer MGS would no doubt be the best selling
> game ever, so maybe someone at Konami should sit up and take
> notice. If anyone else would like to discuss just how great MGS
> is, and other gaming stuff, then please reply to this site, as it
> is the best gaming site going.
>
>
>
> Ant wrote:
> > I have waited a long time for this. At E3 the awaited sequel to
> > the great game Metal Gear Solid was finally unveiled.
Fri 19/05/00 at 19:02
You are so right. Metal Gear Solid was the best game ever seen on any console, not to mention the best looking game, most original game, and the game with the best plot ever. Just imagine how barnstorming will be on PlayStation 2! I can't wait for it, i just know it's gonna be the best thing ever! Hasn't anyone at Konami seen the potential for a multiplayer version of Metal Gear? Imagine the thrill of sneaking up behind your mate and breaking his neck under the cover of darkness. How it hasn't been tapped in on i can't see - multiplayer games are the only thing that will outlast the gaming revolution - gamers are becoming smarter and have realised their is more to life than spoddy one player RPGs. A multiplayer MGS would no doubt be the best selling game ever, so maybe someone at Konami should sit up and take notice. If anyone else would like to discuss just how great MGS is, and other gaming stuff, then please reply to this site, as it is the best gaming site going.

Ant wrote:
> I have waited a long time for this. At E3 the awaited sequel to
> the great game Metal Gear Solid was finally unveiled.
Fri 19/05/00 at 16:03
I have waited a long time for this. At E3 the awaited sequel to the great game Metal Gear Solid was finally unveiled. It's called Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty and it will be sneaking onto your Playstation 2 sometime in Fall 2000. As normal, you are Solid Snake, a man highly trained in covert operations and has been successful in all of his missions, meeting old and new friends, and many enemies. The plot has not been finalised yet, and we don't know everything about it, but here's what I know. Information about Metal Gear was finally leaked out from Alaska, and it's fallen into the hands of the wrong people. The new Metal Gear is called Metal Gear Ray, and it's being transported somewhere on a ship from New York. You, Solid Snake, infiltrate the ship and you must go through terrorists, bosses and the final battle with Metal Gear Ray. Revolver Ocelot, the remaining survivor of the baddies in Metal Gear Solid is heading the operation, obviously partnered by the third brother-the President of United States who you hear right at the end of Metal Gear Solid. The guards are harder to kill, with better senses, and they also try to protect themselves and dive out of the way of bullets, making it harder for them to kill you. But you don't have to kill them, you get a special tranquilizer gun that will make your enemies unconscious. According to the man who made Metal Gear Solid and this game, Hideo Kojima, you can complete the game without killing any of the non-boss enemies. He was also nervous about the reaction he would get about the game, but the game stole the show, the crowd loved it. Graphics look brilliant, especially Solid Snake, who is highly detailed and looks great. The game is longer and there are some old friends back. Hal Otacon, the scientist Snake saved back in Alaska, is back. And I think Snake's lover, Meryl, is back as well. Another new weapon is an AK-47, along with the FAMAS (an assault rifle) and the SOCOM (a semi-automatic pistol). If you want to see the 61 screenshots of the game and news about it, go to ZDNet.com and go onto the gamespot part of the site, and then click on Metal Gear Solid 2.
This game will easily knock Perfect Dark off 1st place, and will be a complete revolution in gaming. I've waited a long time for news of this game, and I will have to wait over a year before it comes out, but trust me, it'll be worth the wait.
Thank You, Ant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.