GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smackdown vs Raw"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/08/04 at 23:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just read the final roster at IGN and have to say it's a bit hit and miss. While the major plus is that Bret Hart is in the game and the legends seem to have proper entrances this time what annoys me is THQ's claim that they've had to cut the roster down to size from the previous game to add in the new game modes and stuff like the voice-overs. Now sorry but that's a load of crap, hardly any games, if any, have used up the whole of a DVD. The only one that comes to mind is Xenosaga which was slapped on a dual layered one.

So if in the rare event their claim is true why not just put it on a dual layered DVD and then we could have more features and more wrestlers in the game or how about they just admit the real reason which is they're too lazy to put more effort into it knowing it'll sell no matter what
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just read the final roster at IGN and have to say it's a bit hit and miss. While the major plus is that Bret Hart is in the game and the legends seem to have proper entrances this time what annoys me is THQ's claim that they've had to cut the roster down to size from the previous game to add in the new game modes and stuff like the voice-overs. Now sorry but that's a load of crap, hardly any games, if any, have used up the whole of a DVD. The only one that comes to mind is Xenosaga which was slapped on a dual layered one.

So if in the rare event their claim is true why not just put it on a dual layered DVD and then we could have more features and more wrestlers in the game or how about they just admit the real reason which is they're too lazy to put more effort into it knowing it'll sell no matter what
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:52
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
I think they have came on quite alot since warzone, where you threw an opponent against the ropes and they stopped turned around and ran at you ;^)

But yes, youre right theres too many young minded people who would buy the game no matter what.
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Oh yea since the Warzone days they've come on a hell of alot but it seems Yukes have developed a case of 'EA-itis' making them churn out virtually the same game each year with a couple of new features and slapping a new bit of packaging on it.
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:59
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
"EA are becoming more and more of a bunch of crap developers. I used to respect them when they actually tried to make a game but now they buy a movie liscense / sports liscence, make it cheap and sell it with a bit of advertising and them stupid children engrossed in the advert will buy it and so the process follows...
Sat 21/08/04 at 00:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Can't blame EA though for it, if the idiot masses carry on buying it then they'll carry on making them.

Though saying that nothing comes close to Madden and MVP Baseball in their respective genres
Sat 21/08/04 at 00:06
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Me thinks i'll get Rumble Roses instead :-D
Sat 21/08/04 at 00:12
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Me thinks i'll get Rumble Roses instead :-D

Hahahahah Perv ;^)

You can blame EA though. Many of us have seen what they are doing and yet they continue without trying to win us back to their side.
Sat 21/08/04 at 00:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Squall wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> Me thinks i'll get Rumble Roses instead :-D
>
> Hahahahah Perv ;^)

Indeed i am, i'm not that much of one to buy an xbox just for DOA volleyball so this will do nicely :-D

> You can blame EA though. Many of us have seen what they are doing and
> yet they continue without trying to win us back to their side.

Unfortunately Squall we are in the minority (although the sales figures of Pro Evo are improving it's still Fifa atop the charts) and as long as we are the minority then EA can keep getting away with it, it's until the majority of consumers wake up and stop accepting average virtually re-release 'sequels' that they'll finally get their act together. And we know they can, i mean the Madden series is one of the best sports series out there, if not the best
Sat 21/08/04 at 00:18
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
lalakersrule wrote:
>> Unfortunately Squall we are in the minority (although the sales
> figures of Pro Evo are improving it's still Fifa atop the charts) and
> as long as we are the minority then EA can keep getting away with it,
> it's until the majority of consumers wake up and stop accepting
> average virtually re-release 'sequels' that they'll finally get their
> act together. And we know they can, i mean the Madden series is one
> of the best sports series out there, if not the best

I agree. Your right, it just shows they are capable though.
Sat 21/08/04 at 00:19
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Anyway, im off. See ya some other time Lakers ;^)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.