GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Sims DS REVIEW!"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'My Sims'.
Tue 10/11/09 at 18:28
Regular
My Sims Review-by funkeybub
My Sims is one of those classic, 'make the town better or everyone will encounter a dead end-'game. It is a bit confusing when you are fishing because you need to know what a 'purple frog' is. It's just a piece of random furniture by the way. Achieving goals in My Sims is very exciting indeed and the characters' gestures are quite 'weirdville, but just awesome' types. Anyway, back to the game. The backdrop is very tempting to live in and there are very few 'lazy graphics' a.k.a flat people. The graphics are perfect and are not a hotspot for altering.

The game flows along nicely and the character file viewing screen gives you tips to help you progress through the game. Hints win again!! The great thing about My Sims, is that it lets you discover the next part usually, exception of the hints. The animals and people are a very creative, cute style.

However, one of the quite annoying bits is when you find the forest ranger a.k.a Foster, and when you choose the activity 'make animal feed', you have to keep repeatedly talking to him, instead of him saying like Joseph, "Ya, still need me?"

In conclusion including the opinion of the infuriating repetitive dialogue forcing thingy, I'd give this game the following marks.
Graphics 10/10
Explanation 8/10
Gameplay 9/10
Total Score: 27/30
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 10/11/09 at 18:28
Regular
My Sims Review-by funkeybub
My Sims is one of those classic, 'make the town better or everyone will encounter a dead end-'game. It is a bit confusing when you are fishing because you need to know what a 'purple frog' is. It's just a piece of random furniture by the way. Achieving goals in My Sims is very exciting indeed and the characters' gestures are quite 'weirdville, but just awesome' types. Anyway, back to the game. The backdrop is very tempting to live in and there are very few 'lazy graphics' a.k.a flat people. The graphics are perfect and are not a hotspot for altering.

The game flows along nicely and the character file viewing screen gives you tips to help you progress through the game. Hints win again!! The great thing about My Sims, is that it lets you discover the next part usually, exception of the hints. The animals and people are a very creative, cute style.

However, one of the quite annoying bits is when you find the forest ranger a.k.a Foster, and when you choose the activity 'make animal feed', you have to keep repeatedly talking to him, instead of him saying like Joseph, "Ya, still need me?"

In conclusion including the opinion of the infuriating repetitive dialogue forcing thingy, I'd give this game the following marks.
Graphics 10/10
Explanation 8/10
Gameplay 9/10
Total Score: 27/30

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.