GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smackdown vs RAW - CONFIRMED ONLINE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/08/04 at 21:35
Regular
"Me > J00"
Sorry if this has already been posted, but:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/541/541768p1.html

I am SO damn chuffed right now! :0D
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
You'd think that would shock me but as i am all android it merely powers me up and my supreme gaming abilities, let the owning of the beta testers begin...................soon as i get accepted :-D

Which reminds me, better get my own internet connection, this crappy Yahoo broadband won't do
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:24
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
*Attaches 10,000 Volt cable to chair just for a giggle*
Fri 27/08/04 at 20:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well i've sent them an e-mail with all my details so i guess i just sit and wait now and hope i get called up to test the likes of SD7 and Socom 3.

*grabs chair and sits*
Fri 27/08/04 at 13:37
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
No, you join the community and continue to test the games they give you unless you are kicked from the trial (like i might be after talking about all this stuff =D). The discs come in little white packets (like the old PS1 demos).
Fri 27/08/04 at 00:57
Regular
"Me > J00"
Ok, cheers, if you're able to answer the questions I posted below, I'd be greatful, but if you're unable to due to the agreement thingy, then fair dos,

Cheers for the info about where to sign up! :0D
Fri 27/08/04 at 00:55
Regular
Corleone wrote:
> NDA? Is it some agreement that silences you?

Yup. Good luck getting on the Trials. The next big one we're hoping to test is probably Gran Turismo 4 or Black. Maybe next year if Rockstar do an online version of GTA they might let us test that too.

Some developers do their own network testing though, so Polyphony Digital might not even use us for the GT series at all. Here's hoping though :)
Fri 27/08/04 at 00:48
Regular
"Me > J00"
NDA? Is it some agreement that silences you?

Anyway, I e-mailed the PS admin who said he runs the beta trials, so with a bit of luck, in a few months time, I might be testing a game.

If you test one, do they send out more to you at a later date, or is it actually your job, FM?

And what kind of packaging does it come in?

Thanks! :0)
Fri 27/08/04 at 00:44
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> How does it work FM? You just sign up then eventually if you get
> picked they send you a beta copy of a game and then you play it and
> try to pick out all the faults with it and then write a report back
> to them or something?

Sign up and see. Because of the NDA I can't really discuss how the trials operate. But the beauty of being a tester is you get to try before you buy and you get loads of chances of winning full versions in lucky dips and ad hoc competitions they run for nearly every game we test. So far for being on the trials and writing articles for Central Station I've bagged SOCOM, SOCOM 2, Destruction Derby Arenas, Fire Warrior, Hardware, Twisted Metal Black Online, WRC4, TIF 2004, Ajax Club Football, Champions of Norrath: Realms of EverQuest, Gladius and Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain

I AM allowed to say that the press have done a very poor job hyping Killzone. Everything you've read or seen about the game so far has been an understatement. It's a LOT better than people think and the more you play it the better it seems to get. I've put more hours into testing it than I did back when we tested the original SOCOM :)

Can't comment on Smackdown vs Raw as I haven't played it enough to form an opinion, but seeing as I normally hate wrestling games but am thinking of getting this one, that should tell you something.
Fri 27/08/04 at 00:12
Regular
"Me > J00"
Does it include the full single-player too?

And why have none of you posted screenies yet? :0\
Fri 27/08/04 at 00:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
How does it work FM? You just sign up then eventually if you get picked they send you a beta copy of a game and then you play it and try to pick out all the faults with it and then write a report back to them or something?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.