GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes hmmm"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes'.
Thu 26/08/04 at 23:34
Regular
"Back For Good"
Ok, I've just this minute finished Metal Gear Solid:Twin Snakes on the gamecube and loved it, the graphics were superb, the gameplay was brilliant and I think this game has done a fine job of remaking the original.

However I couldn't help but get slightly annoyed at what they've done to the cut scenes. Nearly every one had 'Matrix or John Woo' Style action but just 'way way over the top' e.g Snake backfliping off a launched missile, then throwing a grenade at it, I bet they couldn't pull that off in the matrix ;-)

I know it's a game and all but the original playstation version had near-none of that and felt a bit more real. anyone else feel the same way?

Danny
Wed 29/09/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Nicolaj"
Yeah your right about the cutscenes they more like The Matrix i don´t think that´s bad just as long we know how he did i mean Snake was incjected with Fox Die at the beginning of the optiron i think that Fox Die made Snake a better warrior(not Matrix warrior of course)but with Liqued Snake i think he just trained so they are both good and bad
Fri 27/08/04 at 20:59
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Atomic Halo wrote:
> They only did that Matrix stuff cause it looked cool. In the original
> it's more accurate because Snake is getting older and can't do that
> sort of stuff then.

Don't you mean the Playstation was old and couldn't do that sort of stuff then? :P
Fri 27/08/04 at 18:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I love it.

Completed it 4 times now.

The jump-off-missile-and-shooty-cut scene was classiqué.
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:18
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
They only did that Matrix stuff cause it looked cool. In the original it's more accurate because Snake is getting older and can't do that sort of stuff then. Plus it doesn't suit him very well either (apart from where he kicks the Ninja's ****).
Fri 27/08/04 at 01:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The cut-scenes with the Woo/Matrix look fitted, as a genetically enhanced soldier Snake's extra abilities should be shown in their full glory, and if the Playstation had the graphics (and Kojima had seen Matrix back then) this would how the game would have originally looked. Get over it.
Thu 26/08/04 at 23:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Not really. It's a videogame with huge robots and enemies that only ever walk in squares. How realistic were you expecting it to be?
Thu 26/08/04 at 23:34
Regular
"Back For Good"
Ok, I've just this minute finished Metal Gear Solid:Twin Snakes on the gamecube and loved it, the graphics were superb, the gameplay was brilliant and I think this game has done a fine job of remaking the original.

However I couldn't help but get slightly annoyed at what they've done to the cut scenes. Nearly every one had 'Matrix or John Woo' Style action but just 'way way over the top' e.g Snake backfliping off a launched missile, then throwing a grenade at it, I bet they couldn't pull that off in the matrix ;-)

I know it's a game and all but the original playstation version had near-none of that and felt a bit more real. anyone else feel the same way?

Danny

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.