GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Price Drop"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/08/04 at 17:53
Regular
Down to £99.99 now.

Should mark the start of an excellent Western Christmas for Microsoft.
Sat 28/08/04 at 14:31
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Really want to get a gc but i just cant see myself playing it enough, i barely have time for my xbox i dont know what im going to do when fable and halo 2 are out.
Sat 28/08/04 at 14:20
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Now lets see what Nintendo are going to do.
>
> Oh, you mean apart from cry?

I'd imagine they'd give away a free game with the price of the Gamecube...

Pikmin 2 for children and Metroid Prime 2 for adults.

I can see it now... whilst Nintendo nod towards Paper MArio 2 as a good title to get at the same time.

DONKEY KONGA!
Fri 27/08/04 at 18:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
With the amount of games on each console, they're both worth well over double their RRPs.
Fri 27/08/04 at 18:21
Regular
£79.99.

And it's worth every single penny at that price. Just get one.
Fri 27/08/04 at 18:15
Regular
"ProGolfer"
What is the rrp for the gc? Would be awesum to see it come down in price be able to pick one up on the cheap.
Fri 27/08/04 at 18:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mav wrote:
> Sony will most likely once again amaze us by managing to find more
> people who haven't already got a PS2.

Ah, thats where you are wrong, they will get poeple who already have a PS2 to buy another one. All they need to do is hit a red button in Sony HQ and anyone who bought an PS2 between jul 03 - aug 04 suddenly has a dead console.
Fri 27/08/04 at 18:00
Regular
Har. I half expected this to turn into a "who will win Christmas" disucussion. Well, in a western sense...

Sony will most likely once again amaze us by managing to find more people who haven't already got a PS2.

Nintendo will release a slew of critically successful, quality titles which will most likely fail commercially unless they can pull some really nifty advertising and strategy out of the bag. And I think another price drop is probably out of the question. Although, it will be interesting to see if E3 has any influence via that incredible Zelda video.

And Microsoft, as I say, will probably enjoy a large success and increase in sales over last year's effort.
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dringo wrote:
> Now lets see what Nintendo are going to do.

Oh, you mean apart from cry?
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:55
Regular
Now lets see what Nintendo are going to do.
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:53
Regular
Down to £99.99 now.

Should mark the start of an excellent Western Christmas for Microsoft.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.