GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS1-playing copied games?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/06/01 at 19:24
Regular
yo dudes, is there a way of tricking your PS1 into playing a copied game without a chip or cartrige of some kind. My mate says he does it by inserting a normal game, then swops it to the copied one once the white screen goes to the black one......he says it works and I believe him but I just can't get it to work. It might be because he has an old playstation and I have a new PS1.
Does anyone know how to do it without a chip because if I get it chipped I loose my warenty and I don't think I can have a cartrige cos there is nowhere to put it?
Please help!
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:44
Regular
"Back For Good"
I have to disagree with you there. I have owned a
> Playstation since it first came out and the early versions slow down
> a little when the black screen with the PSX logo appears. Here you
> remove the normal game and insert a copied game and it works fine.
> mine does it. After a while sony caught on to this and modified the
> PSX so that this could no longer happen these playstation require to
> be chipped to play copied games.

that i didn't know, all my mates had chipped anyway and i had a late model. The PSone's don't have a back slot which i find dissapointing, If i was to buy a Playstation I'd get one of the old ones which you can still buy from Amazon.
Tue 19/06/01 at 23:07
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Disc swapping does not do your PS1 any good as you need to take the disc out when its spinning so you can mess up the disc spinning motor. Only the older PS1's allow disc swapping, new ones dont because as pointed out in a previous post Sony found out about it and reworked the PS1 and released the newer version.

Newer PS1's dont even have the old expansion slot at the back for the old style X-Plorer/Action Replay cards. There were cards that allowed disc swapping that could be plugged in and would slow the motor down and let you disc swap safely. There maybe cards for the new machines that do this or bypass the code or something but Iam not too sure on these.

The best bet is to get the machine chipped if you really want to play copied or import games. Chipping doesnt harm your console if done right, as I have had mine chipped for over 2 years(or it could even be over 3 years I cant really remember.Iam 99% sure its over 2 years), anyways back to the topic. My PS1 works fine I have had no problems what so ever. I have played many chipped games and my PS1 has been well used.

So for the new consoles I would advise dont wait around for the warranty to expire or get a card but togo and get it chipped if you are serious enough to get into the world of import gaming and chipped games.
Tue 19/06/01 at 20:38
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
hmmmmm... the fact ois that new PSones, and most modern versions of the PSX don't allow the swap trick... so u need an explorer.

Anyway, chipping s bad for the industry.. blah blah blah... i suggest u read my "The REAL FACTS BEHIND PIRATING" topic in the prime FOG

Sonic
Tue 19/06/01 at 20:17
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Resevilfan wrote:
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< > IS NOT TRUE>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry
> to disapoint you but that is for playing imports, you put a normal
> PS disc in but you press the grey button to fool the console that
> the lid is shut then release it when it's passed the starup and
> warning screen, then place your import disc in. it works but it's a
> b****r.

To play "chipped" games you either need a
> chip or some xplorer/gameshark codes can boot games.

I have to disagree with you there. I have owned a Playstation since it first came out and the early versions slow down a little when the black screen with the PSX logo appears. Here you remove the normal game and insert a copied game and it works fine. mine does it. After a while sony caught on to this and modified the PSX so that this could no longer happen these playstation require to be chipped to play copied games.
Tue 19/06/01 at 20:10
Regular
"Back For Good"
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry to disapoint you but that is for playing imports, you put a normal PS disc in but you press the grey button to fool the console that the lid is shut then release it when it's passed the starup and warning screen, then place your import disc in. it works but it's a b****r.

To play "chipped" games you either need a chip or some xplorer/gameshark codes can boot games.
Tue 19/06/01 at 19:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The only way of getting it to play pirate games is to get it chipped. the disk swapping wont work with newer machines. I suggest you wait till your warenty runs out then get it chipped.
Tue 19/06/01 at 19:35
there is no slot to fit a cartrige.....I've got one of the new small white PS1's and all thats on the back is a power slot and where you plug it in to the TV.
Tue 19/06/01 at 19:30
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Original PS1's that where released at the start are able to do the disk swapping. If it new then you need a cartridge or need it chipped. There should be a slot on the back (there is a cover over it) where the cartridge can be inserted.
Tue 19/06/01 at 19:24
yo dudes, is there a way of tricking your PS1 into playing a copied game without a chip or cartrige of some kind. My mate says he does it by inserting a normal game, then swops it to the copied one once the white screen goes to the black one......he says it works and I believe him but I just can't get it to work. It might be because he has an old playstation and I have a new PS1.
Does anyone know how to do it without a chip because if I get it chipped I loose my warenty and I don't think I can have a cartrige cos there is nowhere to put it?
Please help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.