GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NO PS2 DVD for the UK???"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/06/00 at 18:41
Regular
The PS2 does not support macrovision.....
Some of the parts in the DVD drive are also illegal as in Europe and the US these could be used for dangerous things!
Sony may have to get rid of the DVD features for the UK....
Wed 07/06/00 at 18:41
The PS2 does not support macrovision.....
Some of the parts in the DVD drive are also illegal as in Europe and the US these could be used for dangerous things!
Sony may have to get rid of the DVD features for the UK....
Tue 22/05/01 at 21:22
Regular
Wow! Tigerblade`s been here ages!
Tue 22/05/01 at 21:41
"High polygon count"
And he knows just as much now as he did then...
Thu 24/05/01 at 01:10
Regular
I'm intrigued,

What could it do that is so dangerous ?

DVD Drives don't support macrovision, its the video hardware that does (or doesn't).

Actually, the psx2 has a particularly small dvdrom maechanism, very compact and neat. Just an aside.
Thu 24/05/01 at 09:59
The PS2 does support macrovision - you cannot copy films using the s-video lead on to tape screen rolls when played back. If using an RGB lead you get a green tint, no macrovision through the RGB hence sony put green tint as they could not get the macrovision to work using RGB.

RGB source (SCART/ EURO CONNETOR) -
DVD playback green tint. Games Colour
S-Video - DVD playback colour. Games Colour

Hope this clears things up
Thu 24/05/01 at 13:02
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
When Tigerbalde first wrote this it was in June 2000 so the PS2 hadnt even been released over here yet.
Thu 24/05/01 at 13:21
"High polygon count"
Tigerblade does (or did) own a Japanese import PS2.
Thu 24/05/01 at 13:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
What I was saying to amasi is that there were all these differenet rumours going around about the DVD e.t.c. It may have the features now but when Tigerblade first posted the message the features I dont think were know. I may be wrong, its a long time ago.
Thu 24/05/01 at 21:57
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no DVD player for the PS2 when it gets released?????????
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR RRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Why does everyone keep on bringing back these old messages anyway???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.