GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"S Pad"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/08/04 at 16:53
"Majestic"
[URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG5670_official_microsoft.html[/URL]

You can't blame a man for wanting something different. Take a look at this orange S Pad - I never even knew they did it in such colour until i perused the Xbox accessories today. I have an Old type controller - which I love dearly - but they don't sell the old style in funky colours do they? No - they don’t.

Are these S Pads any good? Or are they for the guy with small women-like hands? What about the triggers at the back? Do they nip your fingers at all?

You cant really try these out at the shops - because they are sealed in one of those unfriendly packets that you have to destroy to open, so I need to know if you like the S pad - or if you'd sooner stick with the good old Eye-Saw X pad? Anything else I should know?

Thank yee.

Edit, Errors
Mon 30/08/04 at 21:32
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I really want to get a wireless one but, the one on the market now has had bad reviews due to it feeling "plastic" and breakable.
Mon 30/08/04 at 20:45
"I love yo... lamp."
I definitely prefer the original. Better than dislocating fingers trying to reach the black and white buttons.
Mon 30/08/04 at 18:05
Regular
I think the orange s pad looks sort of tacky. I much prefer the blue one.

EDIT: Although I have a green one. Which is cool to.
Mon 30/08/04 at 16:29
Regular
I much prefer the S pad. The moved buttons (start, back, white and black) can take a bit of getting used to if you've been using the bigger controller for a while, and it does seem to be slightly cheaper in build quality, but it is generally better IMO.
Sat 28/08/04 at 22:33
Regular
Crystal ones are nice.
Sat 28/08/04 at 22:15
Regular
"bit of a brain"
That's the most disgusting colour I've ever seen. If it wasn't see-through it would be ok.
Sat 28/08/04 at 21:58
Regular
"screw this"
s pad is deffinetly the best cos u dont need to reach for the white and black buttons
Sat 28/08/04 at 20:55
Regular
Although I don't really mind either, I'd just like to have a controller S, because the triggers on it are by far lighter then the original, which can hurt the old fingers after a bash on PGR 2
Sat 28/08/04 at 20:50
Regular
That orange one, I imagine, is American...just like my blue one from SR.

Exactly the same though :D
Sat 28/08/04 at 20:08
Regular
The S Pad is far better than the original.

And I've met nobody with bigger hands than I have.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.