GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SOCOM II : RIDDLED WITH PROBLEMS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOCOM 2 : Jungle Storm'.
Sun 29/08/04 at 10:42
Regular
"Trap your mind"
I've been playing socom II online lately and its just problems after problems. Has anyone else noticed this?
Sun 29/08/04 at 17:52
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Yeah, I remember that problem. Xbox Live is quite bad when it comes to dividing gamers by their region, theres isn't any universes for just certain countries, they just shove everyone all over the world in one big universe.

Anyway, i guess i'll have to stick with MOH until tuesday, i was really looking forward to the headset as well.

:-(
Sun 29/08/04 at 17:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It was ok when all my friends from Socom 1 (basically most of the top 30) were online as we set up a room and played each other and as soon as a foreigner came in he got asked to leave and if he didn't he'd get voted, team killed or abused while getting both of the above but when they weren't online it was near on impossible to find a room not invaded by foreigners. Wish Zipper would have sorted that out.
Sun 29/08/04 at 16:57
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Okay, i'll see what it's like first.

I just remembered it freekin bank holiday tommorow so I wont be gettin it till Tuesday.

>:-(
Sun 29/08/04 at 16:52
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The problems aren't too bad. I play it quite regularly with people I know so you are pretty much guarenteed that nobody is going to cheat or use glitches.
If you play with people you don't really know then there are chances that somebody is going to cheat or use a glitch of some sort - these are the games you just leave and join another.

Have also found myself going on socom1 a bit more lately too.
Sun 29/08/04 at 16:48
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I used to havre SOCOM 2 when it first came out, I only played it for 2 days because 2 days after the release my PS2 broke. Now that i've got another PS2 I decided to get back on SOCOM 2, it should arrive tommorow. This is really bad news and I dont really know what to do - Get a Refund or just stick with it. What do you think?

I do agree with Lalakers in a way that the game had too mnay new features that didn't really need adding if it was going to cause slow connections and stuff but apart from that I do really like the game and i'm looking forward to playing it again but these problems are worrying me.

I wouldn't get SOCOM 1 again mainly because i've beaten the life out of it by playing it so much but if I return SOCOM 2 what other decent online PS2 game is there? (Suggestions?)

I want to know how bad these problems are before I return the game because it might not be very bad but if I open up the game I know SR wont gimme a refund so can you lot (the ones who have experienced the problem) please tell me if it's worth the £40 I paid?

Cheers.
Sun 29/08/04 at 16:43
Regular
"Trap your mind"
I suppose that SCEE didn't get anything changed after the beta testers told them about problems.
Sun 29/08/04 at 14:46
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
El Pinko wrote:
> I cant decide whether its Zipper interactives fault
> or the fault of the gamers, what do you think?

Zipper's or possibly SCEE (the publishers), they were told about every damn bug that exists in beta. They still released. Can't really blame the gamers because there are always gamers out there that will exploit every bug given to them, Zipper knew that when they released, so did SCEE when they published.
Sun 29/08/04 at 13:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Socom 1 SCEE moderated universe > Socom 2

I got tired of Socom 2 not just because it was crap and the hitboxes were designed by retarded monkeys but because of all the problems, having to wait about 5 minutes to actually get on first, find a room that wasn't littered with foriegners (obviously slapping a big UK at the top of the screen is not obvious enough for these stupid Euro idiots to understand) or cheaters or glitchers everywhere. What do Zipper do? nothing, too busy counting their lovely money in their evil hideout on a island somewhere
Sun 29/08/04 at 12:38
Regular
"Trap your mind"
and they even have started aborting in the round before last to make it look like they havn't aborted, but the stupid thing is if 1 aborts they all do and that game is ruined.
Sun 29/08/04 at 11:27
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I don't know and I don't care, it only gets me that they leave and make room 8 vs 3 and the fun is just gone instantly

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.