GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"online how?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/08/04 at 12:21
Regular
"boom boom click"
how do i get online. ok i know i need a modem adapter but what else and what should i do with it?
Sun 29/08/04 at 12:21
Regular
"boom boom click"
how do i get online. ok i know i need a modem adapter but what else and what should i do with it?
Sun 29/08/04 at 13:27
Regular
Get an Xbox with Live.
Sun 29/08/04 at 13:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Ninjax wrote:
> how do i get online. ok i know i need a modem adapter but what else
> and what should i do with it?

You need an official PS2 Network Adaptor (slots onto the back of your PS2). If you've got broadband and an ethernet cable modem it'll have a slot on the back of the modem called '10-base T' or '10/100' then that's all you need. If you want to use your PC and PS2 online at the same time without having to disconnect your PC each time you go online with the PS2, you'll need either ICS or a Router. (Router much easier imho, and the best one out there is the Linksys BEFSR41 4-port ethernet router).

If you've got ADSL or a USB modem then you'll need to read the guides on the Playstation.com website, you'll need to learn about ICS, and you'll need to do a bit of research because it's ruddy fiddly connecting a PS2 online when you've got ADSL or a USB modem.
Sun 29/08/04 at 14:16
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Get an Xbox with Live.

I knew someone would post within 10 minutes like this. Congratulations! You're a fool!
Sun 29/08/04 at 16:52
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
witch-king wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Get an Xbox with Live.
>
> I knew someone would post within 10 minutes like this.
> Congratulations! You're a fool!

For posting it in this forum - yes.

But for stating the obvious - no.
Sun 29/08/04 at 19:07
Regular
"boom boom click"
ok thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.