GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yo ANT! You`ve came a long way."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/06/00 at 23:34
Regular
You have came a long way since I first met you Ant, more mature, keep it up.
If you can learn to appreciate all consoles life would be a greater place.

Why doesnt everybody just buy a Dreamcast AND a PS2???
Fri 09/06/00 at 23:34
You have came a long way since I first met you Ant, more mature, keep it up.
If you can learn to appreciate all consoles life would be a greater place.

Why doesnt everybody just buy a Dreamcast AND a PS2???
Sat 10/06/00 at 00:30
> Why doesnt everybody just buy a Dreamcast AND a PS2???

Quite obviously because:
a) Not everyone can afford it.
b) Not everyone wants to afford it, ie. they choose to spend their money on other things.

These are the biggest problems. Also, for the 'casual gamer', coming from a consumer background, due to the way other electronics are bought, they are unfamiliar to the notion of buying both, to get the best of both worlds, as many hard core gamers are. For example, most people would not go out shopping for a TV and find one with Teletext, but one with Dolby Surround sound, and because you want both of these features, proceed to buy both. Similarly, when looking into getting digital television, you do not often decide to sign up to both Sky Digital and OnDigital, so you can receive the 101 movie channels from the former and ITV2 and OnSport from the latter - you make a decision on which either suits you best now, will suit you best in the near future or is the most compatible format (eg. you wouldn't sign up to OnDigital if there were rumours they had no money and would shut down in a month taking all your 'pre-paid for the year' subscription with them).

Ideally, everyone would buy both machines, but then also Sony and Sega would all be happy, and would stop competeing and would get sloppy, to the detriment of their service to the the consumer.

Rikki
Mon 12/06/00 at 18:43
Well, if people can buy a PS2 then they can afford a Dreamcast...
Wed 14/06/00 at 20:17
> Well, if people can buy a PS2 then they can afford a Dreamcast...

But probably not both. Also, as I said before (though no doubt it was surrounded by waffle ;) they may be able to afford it, but may not wish to spend their money on two consoles, especially as many of the games they will buy will be on both - Tomb Raider etc. Of course, those interested in games will do they best to afford both, as they will be interested in deeper genres, the best of which will only be available on one of the two consoles.

Rikki

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.