GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chris Morris: Comedy Terrorist"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/06/01 at 01:38
Regular
I rate this guy as the most important and subversive comedian since Bill Hicks.

He hasn't been on your screens for a while, but you can now buy his "Blue Jam" series on cassette and CD from the BBC Library.
If you're unfamiliar with Morris, here's a brief resume:
Started with GLR, fired twice.
1st time for filling the news room with helium, pretty funny and got sacked, reinstated after protest from news-team.

Fired again for something much, much funnier.
He edited a Queen's Xmas speech so it became a lot more interesting, but also highly treasonous.
The bits I can put in here are:
"Good afternoon to you, I am speaking to you from the cross." and "Where my sister & I would often recieve the armies of England where we would service them all before a nice walk around church".

Then went and set up his own company where he would write articles for newspapers under different names and took to appearing on talk-shows in disguise as an expert on far ranging topics.
Imagine an incogito Peter Cook.

Co-Wrote/Produced and starred in "The Day Today", an hysterically funny swipe at programmes like Newsnight, with almost deadly accurate mockeries of these programmes.
(Introduced the world to Alan Partridge as well as Sports Anchor).
Each show would start with headlines, such as
"I'm so sorry yells exploding plumber"
"Headmaster charged for using big faced child as satellite dish" and my personal fav, "Teenager roasts himself in sacrifice to Chris Kelly"

Then went to Radio 1 where he presented a show called "Blue Jam" at 1am Wednesday mornings with no publicity at all.
Dangerous radio, extremely dark and nasty set to ambient music.
Much swearing and a personal vendetta against Jo Whiley. (I'm not even going to repeat some of the things said).

And then came Brass Eye.
Another fictional current affair programme that generated the largest amount of complaints for any series shown on Channel 4.
Eachw week would be a different topic, with reports and genuine star guests that were so eager to appear "right on" that they didnt stop to think.

My personal fav was the drugs episode, where he got Noel Edmonds to appear in an appeal to ban "cake", an evil drug that activates a part of the brain called "Shatners Basoon".
There actually ended up being questions asked in the House of Commons over the concerns of "cake", they took it that seriously.

Or the Animal Welfare episode with Carla Lane in almost tears upon watching (fake) footage of Iraquis launching bloated cows at the enemy with massive catapults, and an interview with a man that fought otters for money.

This show was cancelled after it was mentioned in an internal memo that the previous week's episode on sex contained a subliminal flash message, scrawled on cardboard that said "Michael Grade (C4 controller) is a c...."

He then wrote a column for The Gaurdian where he pretended to be a man diagnosed with terminal cancer of the toe and had 4 months to live. A sort of "My Diary", and readers were outraged when it became apparent that it was a hoax.

A C4 series called "Jam" recently finished, a version of his radio show. Ambient music over bizarre and disturbing comedy sketches.
One involved a man holding up an off-license with a gun in his stomach he had swallowed earlier (it went wrong and he blew through his spine and took out an OAP behind him).

Morris is still around, although he rarely gives interviews, preferring to pop up anywhere and highlight the banality of modern society's obsession with the media and celebrity.

A new series of Jam starts soon, but they wont advertise when because of the enevitable complaints.

Keep an ear out for it, truly amusing and dangerous radio, something we get so little of these days.
Tue 19/06/01 at 01:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I rate this guy as the most important and subversive comedian since Bill Hicks.

He hasn't been on your screens for a while, but you can now buy his "Blue Jam" series on cassette and CD from the BBC Library.
If you're unfamiliar with Morris, here's a brief resume:
Started with GLR, fired twice.
1st time for filling the news room with helium, pretty funny and got sacked, reinstated after protest from news-team.

Fired again for something much, much funnier.
He edited a Queen's Xmas speech so it became a lot more interesting, but also highly treasonous.
The bits I can put in here are:
"Good afternoon to you, I am speaking to you from the cross." and "Where my sister & I would often recieve the armies of England where we would service them all before a nice walk around church".

Then went and set up his own company where he would write articles for newspapers under different names and took to appearing on talk-shows in disguise as an expert on far ranging topics.
Imagine an incogito Peter Cook.

Co-Wrote/Produced and starred in "The Day Today", an hysterically funny swipe at programmes like Newsnight, with almost deadly accurate mockeries of these programmes.
(Introduced the world to Alan Partridge as well as Sports Anchor).
Each show would start with headlines, such as
"I'm so sorry yells exploding plumber"
"Headmaster charged for using big faced child as satellite dish" and my personal fav, "Teenager roasts himself in sacrifice to Chris Kelly"

Then went to Radio 1 where he presented a show called "Blue Jam" at 1am Wednesday mornings with no publicity at all.
Dangerous radio, extremely dark and nasty set to ambient music.
Much swearing and a personal vendetta against Jo Whiley. (I'm not even going to repeat some of the things said).

And then came Brass Eye.
Another fictional current affair programme that generated the largest amount of complaints for any series shown on Channel 4.
Eachw week would be a different topic, with reports and genuine star guests that were so eager to appear "right on" that they didnt stop to think.

My personal fav was the drugs episode, where he got Noel Edmonds to appear in an appeal to ban "cake", an evil drug that activates a part of the brain called "Shatners Basoon".
There actually ended up being questions asked in the House of Commons over the concerns of "cake", they took it that seriously.

Or the Animal Welfare episode with Carla Lane in almost tears upon watching (fake) footage of Iraquis launching bloated cows at the enemy with massive catapults, and an interview with a man that fought otters for money.

This show was cancelled after it was mentioned in an internal memo that the previous week's episode on sex contained a subliminal flash message, scrawled on cardboard that said "Michael Grade (C4 controller) is a c...."

He then wrote a column for The Gaurdian where he pretended to be a man diagnosed with terminal cancer of the toe and had 4 months to live. A sort of "My Diary", and readers were outraged when it became apparent that it was a hoax.

A C4 series called "Jam" recently finished, a version of his radio show. Ambient music over bizarre and disturbing comedy sketches.
One involved a man holding up an off-license with a gun in his stomach he had swallowed earlier (it went wrong and he blew through his spine and took out an OAP behind him).

Morris is still around, although he rarely gives interviews, preferring to pop up anywhere and highlight the banality of modern society's obsession with the media and celebrity.

A new series of Jam starts soon, but they wont advertise when because of the enevitable complaints.

Keep an ear out for it, truly amusing and dangerous radio, something we get so little of these days.
Tue 19/06/01 at 09:14
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Morris is a god damn genius. That 'Kilroy goes mad' sketch is one to show the grandkids.
Tue 19/06/01 at 09:31
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
The sketch (from Brass eye) with the woman who calls the plumber out to 'repair' her dead baby is pretty disturbing though, strange how Morris can find that dark area of your brain and make you laugh at something that is on the whole quite alarming.
Mon 25/06/01 at 15:05
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Michael Corleone wrote:
> That was jam you bbitch.

Yes, so it was. Terribly sorry and all that. My mistake.

I was distracted by your Mum going down on me at the time.

Who’s the bbitch now, you spineless half wit.

If there’s one thing I can’t stand it’s pointless little morons like yourself, who for some reason constantly come up with stuff like this. If you want to point out a mistake in my post then simply do so. Try not to be such a fool about it.

But then I suppose it’s quite easy for a lame looser like yourself to be offensive when you don’t have to face the direct consequences isn’t it??

Just kill yourself, it’s the only way to save society from another moron who thinks he’s all that. If you don’t have the nuts to do it your self let me know and I’ll help you out.

You utter c0ck.
Mon 25/06/01 at 15:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
BOOYA!

Truth hurts Mikey-Boy.
Mon 25/06/01 at 18:28
"Moderator"
I dont know how to respond, you comments ran right to the bone, all these years of respect and love i had for the members of this forum, the tight knitted friendships we had.

The times, the entire un waste of time, how can i go on? you know what? i think i'll take your advice, due to my respect for you and your opinions, i think i really will take actions, thank you for guiding me to the light, there is no other person who i could have wished to enlighten me, i am truely going to change for your good, im glad that you are kind enough to want to change me to fit yourself,

Thank you, if only all of us could be a mould in your shoes.

Boatboy, thank you for your endless wisdom, with your great desciptions of music and your highly observational take on life in general.

Im sure your life has not been wasted and you really will become what you have always dreamt of, you should be proud to call yourself an average guy, who will life a nice healthy life. You have the book and have read it, its nice to see you following through so thouroughly, like sigfried.

this is my chance to change towards yourselves. I will grap it like Rayman.

Yours for the last ever time;

Michael Corleone.

R.I.N.P
Mon 25/06/01 at 18:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Do me a favour.

If you use a gun, don't put it at the side of the head, the bullet tends to travel around the skull and come out the other side, skimming the hairline.

Try under the chin.

Sorry to everyone else, but this guy has posted nothing but utter hateful bile for weeks now, it's time something was done about him.

We're all just here to have fun, swap opinions and sometimes wind each other up.
The occasional jibe is taken as expected.

But the relentless outpouring of sarcasm and cynicism just gets up my nose.

Corleone - No sympathy from me.
Sat 30/06/01 at 18:57
E4 are having a Brass Eye Night tonight from 9PM, ahead of a New sereis starting on either E4 or Channal 4. i might watch to see if it's funny
Sun 01/07/01 at 23:37
So?

What did you think of Brass Eye?

I thought it was damn good!
Mon 02/07/01 at 09:13
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> So?

What did you think of Brass Eye?

I thought it was damn
> good!

I saw some of the episodes so Out of what I saw I thoght it was quite funny but outstanding.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.