GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retro spree"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/04 at 21:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
As you all know very well I've recently purchased Body Harvest for the n64 in a spontaneous moment of reminiscing. It should arrive soon, and it's given me a taste for reliving the greatest video-games era of all time - that of the N64.
Last night I was up until 1:30AM reading my very first copy of N64 magazine (Issue 18 for me), which had previews of Body Harvest, Silicon Valley and Zelda (where they thought the Kokiri forest was called the Maze Woods, and that the Deku tree was the central hub for all the dungeons). There was also a review of Banjo Kazooie which made me remember what an amazing game it was. Does anyone remember Click Clock wood and how you had to change the seasons to make that plant grow, and how you had to become a bee as well. What an amazing, amazing level.

Well anyway this has all given me a retro fetish, and I've just bought 3 Dreamcast controllers for £3 each so that I can play Sydney 2000 and Powerstone multiplayer. I am also going to re-buy Banjo Kazooie (it was my first N64 game), and maybe ISS 98 which is only £3, even though I'd never play it. Along with Second Sight, Fifa 2004 and Madden 2004, this month will have cost me roughly £98. Oh dear oh dear, I hope it's just a phase.
Wed 01/09/04 at 16:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I STILL won't offload £16 on Bg&E for some unknown reason. One day my friends, one day.
Wed 01/09/04 at 14:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm off to Amazon right now.........

............GOD DAMN expansion packs!
Wed 01/09/04 at 14:16
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
He didn't spend £98 on retro stuff.

"Along with Second Sight, Fifa 2004 and Madden 2004, this month will have cost me roughly £98."
Wed 01/09/04 at 12:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
You're happy to spend £98 on retro stuff with the intent of still getting Second Sight, yet you still won't offload £20 on Beyond Good and Evil?

:P
Wed 01/09/04 at 11:49
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Just don't get too hyped about the GoldenEye sequel, mate - it's being
> made by completely different people.

But it is supposed to be excellent.
Wed 01/09/04 at 01:03
Regular
Just don't get too hyped about the GoldenEye sequel, mate - it's being made by completely different people.
Wed 01/09/04 at 00:46
Regular
I agree, infact I was playing Perfect Dark earlier and it's just as enjoyable as it always was.
Wed 01/09/04 at 00:42
Regular
"bb guns galore"
Anyone who owns an nintendo 64 must buy Goldeneye and Perfect Dark because they are the two best games i have ever played in my life and i have played a hell of a lot i own all 3 next gen consoles and i still think that these 2 games are the best ever to be created and eagerly await their sequels.
Wed 01/09/04 at 00:39
Regular
I bought an N64 the other week and have bought a shiit load of games for it. Been making my way through Duke Nukem : Zero Hour for the first time today, it's a really excellent game that I can't believe I never bought before now.
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:58
Regular
I've suddenly taken interest in buying an N64...

It's partly due to a slow summer and also my feeling that games are far too complicated these days.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.