GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Prehiperals"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/06/01 at 15:52
Regular
When are Sony going to sort out some official hardware for the PS2? F1 2001 has their Speedster steering wheel, which was designed for the game. GT3 is going to have its own wheel as well. To get the best from each of these games are we going to have to get both?

Then theres the Online thing. The official Sony one is a way off yet, yet Tony Hawkes 3 allready has network play working. Have they got hold of the Sony kit early, or, like it looks, have made their program run on another modem to get it working in the meantime. If this is the case, will it work with the official Sony when its released?

Sony had better start organising their hardware soon, as more and more games are looking at online gaming. I personally dont want my PS2 with 3 wheels, 4 modems and about 8 hard discs.
Mon 18/06/01 at 15:52
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
When are Sony going to sort out some official hardware for the PS2? F1 2001 has their Speedster steering wheel, which was designed for the game. GT3 is going to have its own wheel as well. To get the best from each of these games are we going to have to get both?

Then theres the Online thing. The official Sony one is a way off yet, yet Tony Hawkes 3 allready has network play working. Have they got hold of the Sony kit early, or, like it looks, have made their program run on another modem to get it working in the meantime. If this is the case, will it work with the official Sony when its released?

Sony had better start organising their hardware soon, as more and more games are looking at online gaming. I personally dont want my PS2 with 3 wheels, 4 modems and about 8 hard discs.
Mon 18/06/01 at 18:41
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
There is no point buying more than one wheel just because they go with the games. If I was you and money was no object I would get the GT3 wheel as it has force feedback, but it is a bit pricey.
Tue 19/06/01 at 09:15
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I diddnt know that the speedster wasnt force feedback. thats all i needed.

Ta.
Sun 24/06/01 at 14:13
Regular
i got the official memory card
Mon 25/06/01 at 12:19
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I have an unnoficial ps1 mem card and it looks naff compared to the proper ones.

Perhaps sony could release a PS1 card in black to match the ps2 card? Yes i am sad but looks are important...
Mon 25/06/01 at 19:17
Or.. how about a 2 meg memory card instead of 8.
Tue 26/06/01 at 10:13
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
If they did a 2 meg card it wouldnt be all that cheaper to make, so the retail would be not that much different. People would say "oh, its just another fiver to get the 8 meg one" and not bother getting the smaller one.
Tue 26/06/01 at 11:21
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Some games for PS2 have 500Kb + saves so only 4 saves would fit on the 2Mb. 8Mb is just right at the moment as you can save alot on it. I have 9 game saves and have only used just over 2Mb I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.