GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Wed 01/09/04 at 16:47
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
This is one of the games that has mostly been ignored on this forum, yet it has sold over 35 million copies worldwide and i bet each of you have it sitting in a collection.

Gran Turismo 4 keeps slipping and slipping the release date, which is a good thing and a bad thing. The bad thing is we want it now. The good news is the online play will make the game possibly the best Driving game - ever.

The online play is the main feature in this game but they've included a bit of the old to keep us happy. The online play consists of five players racing against each other using cars they have unlocked. So a bit of a challenge for us before we start racing with the big boys.

There are a total of 500 hundred cars, which is really good choice. They have liscensed them all and have made them look smooth. New modes include photo-mode, were you drive to exotic locations and take pictures.

Plenty of new stuff included in this game. Really looking forward to this.
Your opinions?
Wed 01/09/04 at 20:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hope they bring back the race mod designs they had back in the old games. I missed having a ton of stickers splashed all over my car in GT3
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:36
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Maybe it will, maybe it won't but Forza Motorsport is not coming out on the PS2.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:32
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Fortza Motorsport will ultimately be better.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:08
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I don't think you can really compare Burnout and GT. Although they are both racing games, Burnout is an arcade racer while GT is much more a driving simulation.

Being a racing fan, I'll end up getting both. Gran Turismo is one of my favourite racing series ever.
Wed 01/09/04 at 16:54
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
It's thorough. I guess I've always chosen gamepaly over graphics. I.e. FF7>FFX-2. The first GT game I played, I had a "tough" time on the corners (spinning out of control, etc.) but I still bought the games for the sublime gt mode and multiplayer modes. And with online being included, this is a must buy game for everyone I think. It just remains to see whether it will be more entertaining than Burnout, but I think online will give it the edge, if it's well organised.
Wed 01/09/04 at 16:47
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
This is one of the games that has mostly been ignored on this forum, yet it has sold over 35 million copies worldwide and i bet each of you have it sitting in a collection.

Gran Turismo 4 keeps slipping and slipping the release date, which is a good thing and a bad thing. The bad thing is we want it now. The good news is the online play will make the game possibly the best Driving game - ever.

The online play is the main feature in this game but they've included a bit of the old to keep us happy. The online play consists of five players racing against each other using cars they have unlocked. So a bit of a challenge for us before we start racing with the big boys.

There are a total of 500 hundred cars, which is really good choice. They have liscensed them all and have made them look smooth. New modes include photo-mode, were you drive to exotic locations and take pictures.

Plenty of new stuff included in this game. Really looking forward to this.
Your opinions?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.