GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will metal gear solid 2 live up to the hype?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/06/01 at 15:49
Regular
The first game was one that had you coming back for mor and then some but will the second be a step forward or a giant leap that is expected. i will be getting the 2nd installment and hope that it will be as big a game as it has been made out to be. Having seen the clips ithink we are all in luck.
Mon 18/06/01 at 15:49
The first game was one that had you coming back for mor and then some but will the second be a step forward or a giant leap that is expected. i will be getting the 2nd installment and hope that it will be as big a game as it has been made out to be. Having seen the clips ithink we are all in luck.
Mon 18/06/01 at 15:52
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
To make a game like this last long what you really need is a multiplayer option, like goldeneye on the N64. Imagine playing MGS2 against your mates in multiplayer. I think MGS2 will be great and people will play it over and over again. Yes it will live up to the hype.
Mon 18/06/01 at 16:02
Regular
Yes it will, I still play the demo ferociously and take the mic out of the bad guy soldiers.
Mon 18/06/01 at 16:04
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
All the hype is justified.

Have you not played the ZOE demo?!?!?!
Mon 18/06/01 at 16:05
Regular
ZOE was an excellent game, but I can't help but feel it was left a little wide open for a sequel!!!
Mon 18/06/01 at 16:21
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Yeah ZOE is desperate for a sequal, and I hope they do, it was a great little game (while ie lasted)
Mon 18/06/01 at 17:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
MGS2 certainly looks good.
Mon 18/06/01 at 17:22
Regular
"Back For Good"
yeah it definatly will, Metal Gear Solid was great but i think they should have fixed these problems.

-->have a total skip for all codec talks.

-->have a beter camera angle because you sometimes can't see in front that easy.

-->getting to look behind you when your back is against the wall means you never use the quick peek and i think it's kinda cheating.

-->should of used more of the first person perspective.

-->could of done with better item feature, for instance you have to take your gas mask off to use the level key card,huh??

-->maybe get rid of all that stuff on screen with the thermal and scope goggles cus it gets in the way.

-->when your just getting into character he says ok you have 18 hours left until their deadline, it's up to you snake, oh by the way push the select button to talk to us.It Kinda spoils it doesn't it??

-->Should of released a proper PS2 compatible version with special missions on because the game doesn't always finish the credits and you can NOT play special missions on a PS2.

-->VR training didn't use much for the weapons.could have done with training with different weapons i though.

Putting these aside this is still one masterpiece of a game.

Metal Gear Solid 2 is supposed to be the same sort of length but it's gona be FANTASTIC.
Mon 18/06/01 at 17:27
hang on, lemme backtrack a bit here - so the Special Missions PlayStation disc will NOT play on the PS 2, is that correct?
Mon 18/06/01 at 17:37
why is this forum even active, of course mgs 2 will live up to the hype. have you seen ne of the dvd footage, screenshots...?
and no u cant play mgs special on the ps2!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.