GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/06/01 at 15:47
Regular
Like most PS2 owners I cant'wait until next month when Gran Turismo 3 is released. Its sure to be one of the best games released this year. But one thing i think this game misses like the 2 before it is damage to the cars. You can drive in to corners at 100mph and the worst that happens is you slow down a little. I think if an option for damage was in this game it would be better. It would punish the driver for bad driving, make the game that little bit more realistic. Would anyone else like to see this feature in the game?
Mon 18/06/01 at 15:47
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Like most PS2 owners I cant'wait until next month when Gran Turismo 3 is released. Its sure to be one of the best games released this year. But one thing i think this game misses like the 2 before it is damage to the cars. You can drive in to corners at 100mph and the worst that happens is you slow down a little. I think if an option for damage was in this game it would be better. It would punish the driver for bad driving, make the game that little bit more realistic. Would anyone else like to see this feature in the game?
Mon 18/06/01 at 15:56
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
most people want to see damage.
but the car companies wont allow there cars to be destroyed as its bad advertising.
Mon 18/06/01 at 17:30
there was an interview in a ps2 magazine i read and it said that the inventer of gt series hopes to include damage in gt4, when car companies finally give in. It says in the future you may be able to crash in to ditches and even catch fire. The day this happens i will be in heaven. So hurry up with gt4!
Mon 18/06/01 at 17:33
Regular
"Back For Good"
Yeah but how do you reckon they are gona simulate how a very very expensive car handles with 2 flats,smoking engine the exhaust drags on the ground. I don't think they can afford to try it in real life and copy in the game and besides the game is supposed to simuate how these cars handle on the road not in the ditch.

Putting Damage in would be good but it's just to hard to see how these expensive cars handle when their complelty naffed up.The only real way to find out is with them real crash test dummies hehe.

Good Rally games have damage and I think Gran Turismo doesn't need it and is a great game without it.
Mon 18/06/01 at 18:33
Regular
"Whatever!"
The cars all look so nice, why would you want to destroy them??
Mon 18/06/01 at 22:55
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I meant maybee have the option like in F1 2001 where you can turn it off or on. So that you get punished for hard crashes, so ramming your car into a wall causes your car to become a wreck and you can no longer compete in the race. I admit the game will still be great without it. Cant wait, any idea when the official release date is yet??
Mon 18/06/01 at 22:58
Is it out July 1st or 22nd?
Tue 19/06/01 at 09:23
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I played the OPSM2 demo again last night, its still excellent...

but i hope they sort out the tyre noises when you slide round corners, theyre a bit cheesy and the same for each car.
Tue 19/06/01 at 09:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
July 20th is the release day at the current time.
Tue 19/06/01 at 09:42
Oh right thanks for the news. I thought it was meant to be the first? It'll be worth the wait of course.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.