GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Second Sight"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Second Sight'.
Thu 02/09/04 at 15:27
Regular
"Selected"
Just got this through my door this morning thanks to SR - it was only dispatched yesterday!

Anyway, played it for an hour or two and, so far, it's looking good. Some nice graphics ala Timesplitters (weird how they decided not to change the look), some impressive psychic skills which look and control easily/brilliantly and, what has been so far, a great plot. The game runs as two stories, one in the present and one in the past. The stories follow the trials and tribulations of John something-or-other who, after waking up in psychiatric ward, decides to find out what's wrong with him. Meanwhile the other half of the story focuses on what lead up to John being in the ward. A nice mix of gun-toting mayhem (the 'past' version of John uses guns to defend himself) and stealthy action (the 'present' John being able to use psychic abilities).

The only annoyance I've had so far is not knowing what to do on particular areas. At one point for example, me and a team of soldiers were assaulting a camp when other soldiers started firing at us (it's explained why in the story). The commander then starts shouting at me to follow somebody. He says the name of the person I should follow but that's no use to me since I don't know anybody so I'm running around confused looking for somebody to follow when a house suddenly blows up. The camera does a close up on the commander, somebody then shouts "she was in there!!" and the game ended! Slightly confusing but fun nonetheless. Oh, and there's a continuous stream of guards - killing one just means he'll be replaced by another which is very annoying.

Other than that, good clean fun.
Tue 07/09/04 at 14:58
Regular
Yep I couldn't be bothered to list all the RPG's coming out and Metroid Prime 2 is NOT a FPS..
Tue 07/09/04 at 00:45
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Daveus wrote:
>
> Metroid Prime 2 are FPS
>
> Erm... no.
Mon 06/09/04 at 13:31
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Daveus wrote:
> Scope wrote:
> Just got it for my cube seems quite a few games are pretty short
> nowadays but great games none the less.
> Apart from the new crop of RPGs coming out, Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2,
> and GTA:SA etc that is.
>
>
> Halo 2 & Metroid Prime 2 are FPS

There was a comma after 'RPGs coming out', i dont think he meant that Halo and Prime were RPGs.
Mon 06/09/04 at 13:23
Regular
Daveus wrote:

Metroid Prime 2 are FPS

Erm... no.
Mon 06/09/04 at 09:30
Regular
"BOSE"
Scope wrote:
> Just got it for my cube seems quite a few games are pretty short
> nowadays but great games none the less.
> Apart from the new crop of RPGs coming out, Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2,
> and GTA:SA etc that is.

Halo 2 & Metroid Prime 2 are FPS
Sat 04/09/04 at 19:17
Regular
I prefer short games...

I get the chance to actually complete them.
Sat 04/09/04 at 17:38
Regular
Just got it for my cube seems quite a few games are pretty short nowadays but great games none the less.
Apart from the new crop of RPGs coming out, Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, and GTA:SA etc that is.
Sat 04/09/04 at 15:26
Regular
"Selected"
Finally finished it. Clocked up a total of 9 and a half hours of gameplay.

Short but certainly sweet.
Sat 04/09/04 at 11:01
Regular
"Selected"
I've been playing it for 7 hours on the hardest setting according to the game statistics time and I think I might be near the end. 7 hours might not seem like a long time for a game but if it went on for much longer, it'd probably just get repetitive.

Great game though, some excellent visuals and often just plain fun to play.
Sat 04/09/04 at 10:31
Regular
"BOSE"
I'm really tempted to get this. Is it a short game?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.