GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CONTROL"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/09/04 at 15:35
Regular
"object"
What is your favourite game control pad I like the xbox s one best, mainly cause it fits my hands and the trigger buttons, as you can get good throtle controll, i know you can with ps2 ones by ajusting how hard you press the buttons but its tricky.
Sun 05/09/04 at 09:56
Regular
"Don't let me down"
PS2 controllers are crap, I have now had 9 different ones since the ps1 was released, and I think theres a problem with the black ones with duel shock in blue writing at the top. I have 4 black ones and have the same problem with all of them, the problem is the L2 and R2 buttons knack up straight away, I will never again buy a black ps2 duel shock pad, period.
Sat 04/09/04 at 18:44
Regular
"boom boom click"
PS2 is my fave but who can forget the brilliant Z trigger on the N64 controller that was great!
Fri 03/09/04 at 09:37
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Mog the cat wrote:
> thats the old xbox controller they have a new one called the s
> controller that is smaller

Pretty sure it's the S. That's what it says on the box anyway. If the older one was bigger, god knows how anyone managed to play Halo.
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
PS2 pad for me, can't stand the Xbox one and those trigger buttons and the gamecube one is too weird for me. PS2 is simple and the ergonomics are great on it.
Thu 02/09/04 at 19:45
Regular
"object"
Darwock wrote:
> My favourite is also PS2, I do like the GC controller but only for
> short periods. I had an extended game of F-Zero last christmas that
> left me feeling like a cripple. X-box is similar to, but better than
> DC, and the DC controller gave me hand cramps as well. The main
> negative of the X-box pad is how far I have to stretch my right thumb
> to use that analogue stick. It's not convenient.

thats the old xbox controller they have a new one called the s controller that is smaller
Thu 02/09/04 at 19:37
Regular
Lucky you Coin you have problems with the analogue sticks. My D-pads always get worn out so quickly and its so hard to play pro evo with the analogue sticks so i end up having to buy new controllers frequently.
Thu 02/09/04 at 19:11
Regular
"Bicycle"
My PS2 controllers always get f***ed real quick.

One controller - no Analogue light...
Other - no grip on Analogue sticks.

Other than that, the PS2 controller is my favouritest, at the moment anyhoo.

GC isn't bad though.

And neither is the DC's.
Thu 02/09/04 at 18:30
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Hehe. Athens takes a lot of button bashing also.
Thu 02/09/04 at 18:07
Regular
My favorite is the PS2 controller but I usually wear them out quickly because i play pro evo a lot.
Thu 02/09/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
GC, only as they seem to fit my hands perfectly. The PS2 ones are too basic and regular to be as comfortable as GC or XBox

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.