GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 3: Takedown"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 3'.
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:03
Regular
"Touched!"
Man I loved the first two but never bought them, I'm not going to make this mistake again though, looks bloody amazing and it's just got a 9.5 from IGN, another great racer, I can't wait!

"This is the best arcade racing game I've ever played. Criterion has redefined speed for all racers of the future. While classics like Wipeout and F-Zero were once the measuring stick, Burnout 3 has taken the crown. This will be one of your favorites, a true classic, and a definite contender for Game of the Year. The graphics are stunning, the soundtrack is customizable (as the EA trax are horrendous), and the racing is blazingly fast and incredibly addictive. There is no better racing experience on Xbox or any other system and anyone who ignores Burnout 3 is a fool. It's not often that every single IGN editor agrees with the greatness of a game, but there's not one among us who has voiced displeasure over this brilliant title. Believe the hype, believe the score -- this is your must-buy game of the fall."

Review here:

[URL] http://xbox.ign.com/articles/544/544204p1.html [/URL]

Even Edge gave it 9/10, what an excuse to use up some credit :D
Sun 05/09/04 at 11:25
Regular
"Touched!"
Hey mate long time no see, not using MSN anymore? Aint seen you online for agesss, Pikeyyyyy!
Sun 05/09/04 at 10:42
Regular
"Remember me?"
Good to hear you can rip your own music into the game, as in the last two games the music really was... "ugh", for want of a better word. Plus, nothing beats hurtling through dense traffic to Bad Religion. :P
Sat 04/09/04 at 23:12
Regular
"Touched!"
Just pre-ordered this and renewed my SR membership, claimed Twisted Metal: Black Online as my free gift, will give it to little bro, anyway roll on friday!
Sat 04/09/04 at 11:07
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm gonna grab this on friday, but I'm working friday/sat/sun so I'll only be online on a night, bah I hate work sometimes..
Sat 04/09/04 at 10:46
Regular
"BOSE"
I'm not really normally into driving games, mostly cos i can't be bothered to break, i dunno! But Burnout 3 looks oh so sweet. So I proberly get it. Anyone here not gonna get it?
Fri 03/09/04 at 21:08
Regular
I did indeed pick it up not so long ago. Got quite far too. Can't remember just how far though as soon after I bought Ninja Gaiden and Riddick, and haven't been back to it since.
Fri 03/09/04 at 18:27
"I love yo... lamp."
Ever get XIII Borat? If not, read my review. Then procede henceforth to checkout.
Fri 03/09/04 at 17:18
Regular
"Whatever!"
I pre ordered this game minutes after playing the demo, its that good! The first two were superb but this looks set to surpass everything. Definate contender for game of the year, only a week to go - Can hardly wait!
Fri 03/09/04 at 16:34
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Haven't seen you on in ages either Borat. On anything, well apart
> from Riddick for a bit.

Nah, a friend still has PGR2, which I will be chasing up this weekend, and I can't really be bothered with Rainbow Six.

I never really got into splinter cell 2 either, which is strange.
Fri 03/09/04 at 11:21
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Woo!

Nice, this is an essential buy now, I absolutely loved the first two titles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.