GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Legend Of Zelda: Minish Cap" latest news and release dates"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: Minish Cap'.
Fri 03/09/04 at 20:09
"The Will of D."
This was taken from http://www.zeldalegends.net, full story at Club Skill (too big to put in link):

"As previously reported, the newest Zelda game for the GBA, The Minish Cap, will be released in the US on January 10th, 2005. But aside from that, TMC is also making history with it's release! For the first time ever, a Zelda game will be released in Europe before any other country (save Japan, maybe)! So now European gamers can pick up their copy of The Minish Cap on November 12th, 2004!

On top of that, Nintendo has released it's official synopsis of The Minish Cap's plot. Here it is:

"Link returns to the Game Boy Advance when The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap launches across Europe on 12th November 2004. Join Link in this brand new adventure as he sets out to reforge a legendary sword and bring peace back to the land of Hyrule.

Released from the broken power of an ancient mystical sword, Vaati the wind mage is wreaking havoc on the Land of Hyrule. The only way to free the people from Vaati's evil clutches is to restore the sword and seal the evil mage's power once more. However, the knowledge to restore the sword is only kept by the tiny Minish people who live in a land unseeable by adult eyes. Enter Link, a young boy who takes on the epic journey that will turn him into a hero of legend...

On his adventure Link comes across an extraordinary hat called the "Minish Cap". The Minish Cap has amazing powers: it can shrink Link down to minute size and even speak, offering Link invaluable advice. Using the powers of the ever-helpful and friendly Minish Cap, Link can explore two very different worlds: his own native land, and the tiny land of the Minish people. By changing his size between big and small, Link can solve brain-teasing puzzles and negotiate previously inaccessible areas."

Thanks to Club Skill for first reporting this info! You can find the entire summary of TMC's story and gameplay there."
Fri 03/09/04 at 20:09
"The Will of D."
This was taken from http://www.zeldalegends.net, full story at Club Skill (too big to put in link):

"As previously reported, the newest Zelda game for the GBA, The Minish Cap, will be released in the US on January 10th, 2005. But aside from that, TMC is also making history with it's release! For the first time ever, a Zelda game will be released in Europe before any other country (save Japan, maybe)! So now European gamers can pick up their copy of The Minish Cap on November 12th, 2004!

On top of that, Nintendo has released it's official synopsis of The Minish Cap's plot. Here it is:

"Link returns to the Game Boy Advance when The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap launches across Europe on 12th November 2004. Join Link in this brand new adventure as he sets out to reforge a legendary sword and bring peace back to the land of Hyrule.

Released from the broken power of an ancient mystical sword, Vaati the wind mage is wreaking havoc on the Land of Hyrule. The only way to free the people from Vaati's evil clutches is to restore the sword and seal the evil mage's power once more. However, the knowledge to restore the sword is only kept by the tiny Minish people who live in a land unseeable by adult eyes. Enter Link, a young boy who takes on the epic journey that will turn him into a hero of legend...

On his adventure Link comes across an extraordinary hat called the "Minish Cap". The Minish Cap has amazing powers: it can shrink Link down to minute size and even speak, offering Link invaluable advice. Using the powers of the ever-helpful and friendly Minish Cap, Link can explore two very different worlds: his own native land, and the tiny land of the Minish people. By changing his size between big and small, Link can solve brain-teasing puzzles and negotiate previously inaccessible areas."

Thanks to Club Skill for first reporting this info! You can find the entire summary of TMC's story and gameplay there."
Fri 03/09/04 at 20:16
Regular
Talking cap?

Sounds gay.
Fri 03/09/04 at 20:17
"period drama"
It's a beak and eyes on his normal elf-child headgear.
Yes, gay.
Fri 03/09/04 at 20:27
Regular
Oh dear

I'd like to just adventure like I was a pirate and cut things up.

No gay headgear required.
Fri 03/09/04 at 20:39
"period drama"
Pirates wear bandannas ...
But they have swords and guns.

But they also have parrots - brightly coloured ones.
Although, they get to go 'aarrr!' and drink rum.

However, they also go 'shiver me timbers' (which is obviously gay pirate speak)
But then again, they steal treasure.

Hmmm ....
Fri 03/09/04 at 20:42
Regular
Link was obviously meant to be a pirate in WW.

How Nintendo missed a chance like that I have no idea.
Fri 03/09/04 at 21:04
"The Will of D."
I don't actually care whether it's a stupid cap that talks, you all complained about Wind Waker being cel shaded graphics, then you actually warmed up to the idea once it got under way, so why can't this be any different? Plus no zelda game can get as low as LoZ: Adventures of Link now can it?

Plus I would have thought that all zelda fans would have already heard what the Minish cap was way back at E3 '04? If not it's a testimony to your Zelda fanhood and you should be a little ashamed.
Fri 03/09/04 at 22:40
"period drama"
Haha. Easy there.
Sat 04/09/04 at 01:23
Regular
PsYİHo FoX 1987 wrote:
> I don't actually care whether it's a stupid cap that talks, you all
> complained about Wind Waker being cel shaded graphics, then you
> actually warmed up to the idea once it got under way, so why can't
> this be any different? Plus no zelda game can get as low as LoZ:
> Adventures of Link now can it?
>
> Plus I would have thought that all zelda fans would have already
> heard what the Minish cap was way back at E3 '04? If not it's a
> testimony to your Zelda fanhood and you should be a little ashamed.

They're not saying the game is crap with the inclusion of a gay hat...

They're just saying the hat is gay.

Big deal.

And no, most of us thought the cel-shaded Zelda, upon viewing the video, was cool.

Where were you?
Sat 04/09/04 at 16:30
"The Will of D."
I was actually one of those who didn't like the cel-shaded-ness, but warmed up to the idea of having a new Zelda game and so ignored it. I still think Wind Waker was not perfect and there was room for huge amounts of improvment in almost all areas.
Also I thought that they were imply that the game was going to be crap because it featured a gay hat, which is silly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.