GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MY TOP FOUR CLASSIC SIMPSONS MOMENTS!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/06/01 at 16:59
Regular
I love the Simpsons because no matter how many times I have seen an episode, it will always make me laugh. I sincerely believe that it is the best programme ever made. I believe this because the sheer originality of some scenes in the episodes will live on forever as classic moments. A few programmes have classic moments, but the Simpsons easily has more than fifty classic moments.

My Top four classic moments: -

1. Where Bart has been turned into a fly because of the DNA mismatch when he walked into Homer’s molecular transporter. He is causing some grief (as per usual) and he comes across a spider’s web. He acts like he is caught in the web and the spider walks over all smugly for the kill. Then Bart flies up, smacks him in the face and flies off leaving the spider shaking his front four legs at Bart. A complete class moment that brings a tear to my eye nearly every time :-))
2. Homer has put on 69 pounds so he is classed as disabled (LOL @ the concept of that) but the section that he is monitoring is about to explode. So, firstly he tries to ring the plant and he dials the number but he is replied with, “The fingers you have dialled with are too fat, to purchase a dialling wand, mosh the keys now” (lol @ a dialing wand :-)). Then he breaks his car by jumping into it so he steals an ice cream truck. Now this is where it gets really funny, as he is driving, it shows Lisa on the school bus replying to someone who is taking the mick out of Homer. She says, “NOW LISTEN, MY DAD ISNT COMPLETELY FOOD OBSESSED!” Just as she says this, Homer drives past gobbling an ice cream saying, “hmmmmm, Raspberry”. As he says this, Lisa looks down completely disgusted. :-)). This scene is brilliant :-)).
3. When Homer is running for sanitation commissioner, he is up against Ray Patterson. Prior to the election, there is a debate at the town hall but Ray hasn’t showed up. He then bursts through the door and says, “Sorry I’m late, *Somebody* tampered with my breaks” and Homer replies with, “Well Ray, perhaps you should have been early.” This is met to the crowds delight and Homer continues to come out with witty comments for the rest of the debate. A real quality moment.
4. When Hugo, Barts estranged Siamese twin, escapes, the family and Dr Hibbert go looking for him, but they leave Bart on his own to guard the house, but Hugo is still in the house. He plans to sew them back together with a needle a thread. Hugo ties Bart up and before attempting to sew them back together, he shows Bart his “pigeon-rat”. It flies into the wall, and then runs into the wall. This is so funny!! After this has happened, Hugo is just about to start just as Dr Hibbert bursts in. He walks up to Hugo and says, “Calm down Hugo, now listen, I bet you haven’t seen your own face in the mirror.” He walks over to Hugo with what looks like a mirror and puts it up to Hugo. Hugo looks into it and he is met with a right haymaker from Dr Hibbert. This is also a brillian moment.

These scenes are just a few moments of many that make me feel so passionately about the Simpsons!
Sat 16/06/01 at 16:59
I love the Simpsons because no matter how many times I have seen an episode, it will always make me laugh. I sincerely believe that it is the best programme ever made. I believe this because the sheer originality of some scenes in the episodes will live on forever as classic moments. A few programmes have classic moments, but the Simpsons easily has more than fifty classic moments.

My Top four classic moments: -

1. Where Bart has been turned into a fly because of the DNA mismatch when he walked into Homer’s molecular transporter. He is causing some grief (as per usual) and he comes across a spider’s web. He acts like he is caught in the web and the spider walks over all smugly for the kill. Then Bart flies up, smacks him in the face and flies off leaving the spider shaking his front four legs at Bart. A complete class moment that brings a tear to my eye nearly every time :-))
2. Homer has put on 69 pounds so he is classed as disabled (LOL @ the concept of that) but the section that he is monitoring is about to explode. So, firstly he tries to ring the plant and he dials the number but he is replied with, “The fingers you have dialled with are too fat, to purchase a dialling wand, mosh the keys now” (lol @ a dialing wand :-)). Then he breaks his car by jumping into it so he steals an ice cream truck. Now this is where it gets really funny, as he is driving, it shows Lisa on the school bus replying to someone who is taking the mick out of Homer. She says, “NOW LISTEN, MY DAD ISNT COMPLETELY FOOD OBSESSED!” Just as she says this, Homer drives past gobbling an ice cream saying, “hmmmmm, Raspberry”. As he says this, Lisa looks down completely disgusted. :-)). This scene is brilliant :-)).
3. When Homer is running for sanitation commissioner, he is up against Ray Patterson. Prior to the election, there is a debate at the town hall but Ray hasn’t showed up. He then bursts through the door and says, “Sorry I’m late, *Somebody* tampered with my breaks” and Homer replies with, “Well Ray, perhaps you should have been early.” This is met to the crowds delight and Homer continues to come out with witty comments for the rest of the debate. A real quality moment.
4. When Hugo, Barts estranged Siamese twin, escapes, the family and Dr Hibbert go looking for him, but they leave Bart on his own to guard the house, but Hugo is still in the house. He plans to sew them back together with a needle a thread. Hugo ties Bart up and before attempting to sew them back together, he shows Bart his “pigeon-rat”. It flies into the wall, and then runs into the wall. This is so funny!! After this has happened, Hugo is just about to start just as Dr Hibbert bursts in. He walks up to Hugo and says, “Calm down Hugo, now listen, I bet you haven’t seen your own face in the mirror.” He walks over to Hugo with what looks like a mirror and puts it up to Hugo. Hugo looks into it and he is met with a right haymaker from Dr Hibbert. This is also a brillian moment.

These scenes are just a few moments of many that make me feel so passionately about the Simpsons!
Sat 16/06/01 at 18:14
Regular
"Back For Good"
hahaha yeah, I think it was more funny when homer had that star trek transporter thing and had one near the sofa and the other next to the toilet.

Another is when Bart tries escaping from Shelbiville using 2 spray cans.

There's loads more.oh and I heard their coming to DVD very soon.
Sat 16/06/01 at 18:18
my fav is when Bart decides to become the stunt champion of the world, and decides to skateboard across a mountain, but Homer doesn't let him and he does it instead!

He doesn't make it and fall's down the mountain bashing and bumping himself to bits.

Then the Ambulance comes and lowers a rope for him. On his way up he does more bashing and bumping!

Then as the ambulance drives off, it hits a tree! Homer falls out the back and rolls down the mountain again screeming and shouting and of course "Doh"ing!

Now that's classic!
Sat 16/06/01 at 18:29
Regular
"Back For Good"
Yeah, you know I've got a documentary of the simpsons somewhere and it shows Homer falling down twice and the second time he's already in bandages and is incredibly bloody.
This isn't in the episode though, It's just oo aa sound effects hahaha.
Sat 16/06/01 at 18:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
My favourite thing about the Simpsons are the one liners. Pure genius.
Sat 16/06/01 at 18:56
Regular
"Back For Good"
One liners like
"the bee bit my bottom, now my bottom's big"
Sat 16/06/01 at 19:53
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I couldn't name my favorite four parts but I've got two.

1) The Terminator 2 spin off where Flanders is driving away from Homer and Homer uses his golf clubs to hook onto the back of the car. Flander turns and Homer goes spinning off. When he gets up he says, "hmmmm.........maybe he didn't see me."

2) It's the last day of school and Millhouse is looking desperately at the clock. Bart says to him, "Go with some dignity man." The bell rings and he runs out the door shouting, "up yours Mrs. Kruvottle." It turns out it's the morning bell.
Sun 17/06/01 at 10:54
Regular
"The pope is my b!tc"
simposons fav moments.
1) when bart holds up the sign to the security camera in the changing booth when buying new clothes and the security men go
"trouble maker in booth 12"
"Forget that, look at booth 5, those arent the socks she came in with"
(camera shot of innocent looking girl)
(sound of shotguns loading)
"Lets role"
>>classic

2) when Homer is acting as krusty at a krusty burger opening avent and the hamburgler shows up as part of a sketch and homer doesnt realise.
"Quick get him" he shouts
"hes stealing the precious burgers"
He then proceeds to pounce on him and hit his head on the floor until the small midget size man is lifeless
and an on lookinh child cries
"Stop it! Stop it! hes allready dead"
>>classic no.2

3)Same episode as above i believe. Homer is sitting in his office dreamin about clown college when a load of clowns birst in through his door rollin around and performing clownery with circus music in the background,
cut to reality and its homers work freinds on fire rollin around to put out the flames cos theres been an explosion
>>classic no.3

no.4 would be the cool homer t2 bit as described earlier

HOO YAH!
Sun 17/06/01 at 16:50
Regular
"Back For Good"
another 2 class moments

1>
Krusty after he's seen a incredibly low budget rubbish cartoon.
On TV

"I can pull a better cartoon outta my a-heh heh heh kids hohohohahaha"

2>
a pizza van is parked across the road and Marge says to Homer
"that Pizza van has been parked there for a week,how long does it take to deliver a pizza"

then the cops in the van drive off and come back with the van saying F-lowers B-y I-lene
Sun 17/06/01 at 21:12
Ah.. the Simpsons. A rare breed. What other American comedy suceeds in being this funny? None. And no, it's not an animation, it is a comedy. So many people look down on it because they "don't watch cartoons" - but it is so much more than that. The fact that it is a cartoon is irrelevant - it's genius. It may have escaped the attention of some (no-one here hopefully!), but it isn't a kids program. The fact that it is brightly coloured and the people are yellow is not evidence to prove otherwise! :o)

This program really does have everything. Seemingly an endless stream of new ideas, fantastic main characters and perhaps even better (?) minor characters (my favourite is 'comic book guy', best character ever!).

Obviously the show's main objective is to entertain, a task it manages all too easily, but what i love about it is the way it always stops to take a side swipe at something. There's always a parallel being drawn, or a celebrity being lampooned. The political humour is brilliant, and proves that the show's writers have something to say, aswell as trying to make people laugh. A classic episode is when Bill Clinton and Bob Dole are abducted ("Bob Dole doesn't need this") and Kang and Kodos take their place. There is some great humour in this episode. The scene that sticks in my mind is when either Kang or Kodos.. let's say kang, is addressing the American voters near to polling day:

Kang: Abortions for all!

Crowd: Boooooo!

Kang: Abortions for nobody!

Crowd: Booooooo!

Kang: Very well, abortions for some, minature American flags for others.

Crowd: Yaaaayy!

I have never known any other American comedy to be as funny as this. Not being arrogant about it, but generally, British comedy for me is largely funnier than it's American counterpart. The Simpsons, though is right up there with the best of them!

The fact that it is still going after what is it? Well over ten years, maybe 15 (?) shows the quality of this show.

Let's hear it for those little yellow fellas then,...

Hip Hip, Huzzah! Hip H.... awww, well you get the idea... Simpsons... woohooooo!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.