GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Gamestars Live...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/09/04 at 11:22
Regular
Went yesterday with a couple of mates and had a really good day. Got there at half 9, and there were already queue's as it didn't open 'til 10. When we got in we wen't straight to Halo 2.

The queue didn't seem that long, but it took us 2 1/2 hours before we got to play. I did a lot better than I thought - found the covenant sword thing and made 8 or 9 kills overall. We lost though, as they got the flag with 4 seconds to go...

All in all, it seemed like Halo 1, but you could duel wield. The 5 minutes wasn't really long enough to experience most of the stuff in the walkthrough that's playing out side. Didn't see any destruction on the vehicles, didn't even see a Ghost, which is a shame as I wanted to steal one...

All in all, not really worth waiting 2 1/2 hours for, but enjoyable nonetheless, if that makes sense...

Next up was lunch. We were all starving at this point - I'd had no breakfast as I'd been feeling a bit tender from the night before....

After lunch we had a wander about, I tried to find Juiced, but Acclaim weren't there at all, probably because they've gone bankrupt, but there you go.

We got some free stuff, and then wandered over to the EA section, had a go on NFS:U2. It was ok. Not a huge amount to do in the demo, but it seemed playable enough. I'm still keeping my hopes on Juiced...

Xbox section was next, and were pleasantly suprised to see Fable playable. Had a good long go on that, much to the annoyance of the people behind me. Really like this game, had wondered how the combat and controls would work, but it's all very intuitive and easy to pick up.

Next up was Outrun 2. Played this in the arcade a while back and loved it. Was worried how the controls would transfer over from full steering wheel and pedals to joypad, but it works quite well - will definitly keep an eye on this.

Burnout 3 came next. Disappointment. Did two player, and it felt a bit like Beetle Adventure Racing on the track we did. No huge sense of speed, and the cars seeemed glued to the track.

Forza Motorsport next. For all you people who like realism, you'll love it. Played Laguna Seca track and it seemed amazingly realistic. If you thought Toca 2 was accurate, wait 'til you play this...

While I'd been doing this, my mates had also tried out LotR: The Third Age, and another had played Snowblind, both of which had good reports, The Third Age, especially.

Another wander ensued, and we got some free stuff from UbiSoft, then we found the FlatOut stand. I'd got high hopes for this, as a modern kind of Destruction Derby. It was not to be. The sense of speed was non existent, and the gameply dull. We didn't even finish the race.

We played a couple of other games, Driven to Destruction on PS2, and Bet on Soldiers and Sunrise Racer (or something) on PC.

All in all it was a good day, and I'll definitely go again, if there is another one....
Sat 11/09/04 at 13:33
Regular
You're a fool then
Sat 11/09/04 at 13:32
Regular
i won 4 tickets and i dint go
Mon 06/09/04 at 13:37
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Look aint everything.
Mon 06/09/04 at 13:36
Regular
Forza looks amazing.

End of story.
Mon 06/09/04 at 09:39
Regular
"All about the Beats"
It seemed abit slow and felt heavy, but it was only 40% done.
Mon 06/09/04 at 00:03
Regular
Jeez, I missed playing Forza too.
Sun 05/09/04 at 22:58
Regular
"Touched!"
DreamWarBird wrote:
> I nearly won £25 of Game vouchers on Burnout 3, the the EA
> developer beat me by 0.023.
>
>
> Cheater.

Report him to his boss...complain!! :D
Sun 05/09/04 at 22:52
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I nearly won £25 of Game vouchers on Burnout 3, the the EA developer beat me by 0.023.

Cheater.
Sun 05/09/04 at 21:44
Regular
"Touched!"
On Nov 11 Creppu will feel my wrath....mwahaha
Sun 05/09/04 at 21:36
Regular
Tsk, that's going to happen a lot online.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.