GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Regional codes (devo read)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/06/01 at 16:56
Regular
I found the article on the DVD codes.
This is exactly what it says.

"First out of the moulded plastic is the IM card & DVD code from the tech dens of Honk Kong. A harmless looking 1mb memory card in purple,It has the terrififying power to instantly negate all six regional lockouts.Best gen up on those tinsel town release dates now."

The Honk Kong is how it's written and i think it's a typo.

It's not released here yet but i think it's on it's way.
Sun 24/06/01 at 13:40
Regular
im confused?!£
Tue 19/06/01 at 17:23
Oh b***er

**quickly averting eyes**
Tue 19/06/01 at 16:31
No, you'll get nicked for even reading about it.

- a passing copper
Tue 19/06/01 at 15:56
So, are we saying then that a PS 2 can be made a multi-region DVD player......is this legal?
Tue 19/06/01 at 12:45
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Type Region X into the search box above to find a simple way to play all Region discs without opening up your PS2.
Mon 18/06/01 at 22:16
Regular
There's already a number of internal modchips available to remove the region checking (about 20 quid via mail order). There's a July 2001 release date on the Datel regionX cartridge. It uses a swap trick to get your alternate region disc going apparently.

I'd get a cheapo 99 quid multiregion player from Richer Sounds
Mon 18/06/01 at 10:54
Thanks for looking for it. I'll keep an eye out!
Sat 16/06/01 at 16:56
Regular
"Back For Good"
I found the article on the DVD codes.
This is exactly what it says.

"First out of the moulded plastic is the IM card & DVD code from the tech dens of Honk Kong. A harmless looking 1mb memory card in purple,It has the terrififying power to instantly negate all six regional lockouts.Best gen up on those tinsel town release dates now."

The Honk Kong is how it's written and i think it's a typo.

It's not released here yet but i think it's on it's way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.