GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF? Any good?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/06/01 at 14:55
Regular
Here's a chance for you to shine. I have no knowledge of wrestling, you lot do, I've seen it a couple of times and thought it was pretty funny. So please let me know anything you want to tell me about the WWF - you never know, it could win you a game.

Cheers

Dan
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:55
Here's a chance for you to shine. I have no knowledge of wrestling, you lot do, I've seen it a couple of times and thought it was pretty funny. So please let me know anything you want to tell me about the WWF - you never know, it could win you a game.

Cheers

Dan
Sat 16/06/01 at 15:21
Regular
"Back in black"
Well it ain't going to win me a game but I'll tell you about WWF.

It is a company based in America run by The McMahon family. Mosts of the people there get on in real life, but in the ring they want to tear each other apart.

Every Monday night there is Raw, Every Thursday night(filmed on Tuesday as well as Heat) is Smackdown and every Sunday there is Heat. They are all 2 hours, apart from 1 hr Heat.They have matches and interviews and set up storylines. The storylines are taken to a new level every month at the end of month pay per view(PPV). These are 3 hours long and are supposed to be really good. Lately it hasnt been.

There are 7 belts; WWF championship, Tag Team, Inter- continetal(IC), European, Hardcore, Light heavy and Womens. A man or womens competes at there current status for a belt that they see worth having. They win the belt and defend it until they loose it again.

It all sounds very repetitve, but there are many challangers for each belt, and there are many storylines that run through with it.

Alot of people comment on the fakeness of WWF. In mine, and many otheres mind, this is a good thing. If it were real the wrestlers would have to take a lot of precautions when doing moves, and the moves would be very limited. As it is, they fake the injuries and the mathces are fixed(arent they Bret Hart!).

It is all done for entertainment, and many of us enjoy watching it. Don't let it bother you if you are called 'childish' for watching it, coz there are some very HOT women in it.

So Dan, you should check it out. In England, on Sky; Raw is on monday, Smackdown is on thursday and Heat is on Sunday. The PPV's are at the end of the months, 1am on Sky.

enjoy
Chris
Sat 16/06/01 at 16:44
Regular
"One More Chance"
Yeah the women are hot but where has Trish Stratus been lately?
Sat 16/06/01 at 16:49
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Er actually Ice Blaster in the uk raw is on friday and smackdown on saturday and remember we in the uk don't have to pay for the ppv we get it free only americans pay.
ha ha
Sat 16/06/01 at 16:52
Regular
"Back in black"
oh yeh damn I forgot!!! Rawisandy is right- Monday is Raw, Staurday is smackdown and Sunday is Heat and free PPV.
Sat 16/06/01 at 17:03
Regular
"One More Chance"
jet wrote:
> Yeah the women are hot but where has Trish Stratus been lately?

Does any one know?
Sat 16/06/01 at 17:08
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
er ice balster not too be anoying or anything but when you corrected yourself you still said raw is on mondays. lol
As for trish stratus she hangs about with steve blackman nowadays don't worry she won't ne off tv for long the wwf are thinking of ways to use er because they know the fans like to see her.
and they do!
Sat 16/06/01 at 17:11
Regular
"One More Chance"
You damm wright people like to see the Diva of the year 2000 and im glad she will not be of my tv screen.
Sat 16/06/01 at 17:13
Regular
"Back in black"
RAW on FRIDAYS NIGHTS IN UK. got it this time.
Sat 16/06/01 at 17:53
Ice Blaster you didn't say anything about Superstars and Metal. I don't watch them often but they are usefull when you miss Smackdown and Raw because they fill you in on the details.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.