GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Film] Eragon...."

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/12/06 at 10:12
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I have mixed thoughts about this film, which I will outline here, so, lets begin.

Story
Eragon is a farmboy, who while hunting in The Spine, finds a mysterious rock, transported to him by the elf, Arya. He brings it home, and soon, it hatches into a dragon, named Saphira. Dragons are extremely scarce in his land, Alagaesia, and so the evil king Galbatorix doesn't want a new Dragon rider, because it may rebel against him with a rebel group, "The Varden". The King's assasin's, Ra'zac, come to find Eragon, and in doing so kills Eragon's uncle Garrow. Eragon wants revenge, so he goes with the village storyteller, Brom, to try and reach the Varden.

Review
This is a good movie, but if you have read the book (which rocks), you will se that many good parts are lacking. Basically, if you haven't read the book, you will think this is a brilliant movie, but if you have read the book, you will see that alot of good storylines within are lacking. More or less they have actually cut out the middle of this book, where they go to a city and meet Brom's old friend, who helps them find the Ra'zac. And, a very important and cool character, Angela, gets 5 seconds and is seen as a strange old gypsy who just felt like scaring Eragon.
Last point, if you compare Eragon from the book with Eragon in the movie, you get to almost completely different people.

I give it 4/5 if you haven't read the book, but 3/5 if you have.
Sun 17/12/06 at 10:12
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I have mixed thoughts about this film, which I will outline here, so, lets begin.

Story
Eragon is a farmboy, who while hunting in The Spine, finds a mysterious rock, transported to him by the elf, Arya. He brings it home, and soon, it hatches into a dragon, named Saphira. Dragons are extremely scarce in his land, Alagaesia, and so the evil king Galbatorix doesn't want a new Dragon rider, because it may rebel against him with a rebel group, "The Varden". The King's assasin's, Ra'zac, come to find Eragon, and in doing so kills Eragon's uncle Garrow. Eragon wants revenge, so he goes with the village storyteller, Brom, to try and reach the Varden.

Review
This is a good movie, but if you have read the book (which rocks), you will se that many good parts are lacking. Basically, if you haven't read the book, you will think this is a brilliant movie, but if you have read the book, you will see that alot of good storylines within are lacking. More or less they have actually cut out the middle of this book, where they go to a city and meet Brom's old friend, who helps them find the Ra'zac. And, a very important and cool character, Angela, gets 5 seconds and is seen as a strange old gypsy who just felt like scaring Eragon.
Last point, if you compare Eragon from the book with Eragon in the movie, you get to almost completely different people.

I give it 4/5 if you haven't read the book, but 3/5 if you have.
Fri 22/12/06 at 22:59
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
No one is being liking my review? Me is sad now.....
Mon 25/12/06 at 20:19
Regular
Good review, but I thought the film was pretty poor. 6/10 at a stretch. Unoriginal, cookie-cutter, and John Malkovich was underused criminally.
Tue 26/12/06 at 13:38
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Reefer wrote:
>John Malkovich was
>underused criminally.

You mean Galbatorix, right? Well, they shouldn't actually have bothered to put him in the first movie. In the book he doesn't do anything, not until the 2 book. And they had someone cast for a main character, Katrina, but she wasn't in it. The movie has to get it's priorities (I'm pretty sure thats wrong) straight.
Wed 12/05/10 at 00:56
Regular
the eragon movie sucks i could come up with 50 things wrong with the movie . the books ARE AWESOME!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.