GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killzone....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Killzone'.
Tue 07/09/04 at 18:00
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
...won't be coming to X-Box!!!!!

*Runs*

"Revenge Tiltawhirl!!!!"
Fri 10/09/04 at 03:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I got the E3 DVD and watched what all the consoles had to offer. One thing I noticed straight away, was the difference in the press conferences. And what I mean by this is the audience's reactions.

When Microsoft did theirs, they went into their plans for XBox Live, Halo 2, etc and you could hear the crowd going nuts over it. When Nintendo came up, same thing again, plenty of Ninty fans in the crowd all cheering the DS and stuff.
Then came Sony.......they kept announcing stuff and it really just wasn't exciting and the crowd reflected this. Time and again they would be like "and this is coming out !" only to be met by silence - all that was missing was tumbleweed blowing past. Simpson fans might wanna start thinking of the moments when someone is trying to impress a crowd only to receive a single guy coughing in the background.

So of course out came the sales stats at every chance to the point where it got a bit stupid. "Notice how the PS2 actually sold a lot better than the PS1 did at launch ! We found that quite surprising !"
Did you ? Did you really ? Hmmmmmmmmmmm, so funnily enough, once customers are more aware of a brand, the console seems to sell better than its debut predessesor ? Wow, funny that.

But anyway, back to Killzone. Even though I have no intention of getting a PS2 for it, I was quite interested in Killzone, what with all this "Halo beater" hype it was getting worshipped with since early production. I saw the footage and stuff and I just wasn't all that impressed. To me, it looked pretty average and far from being a Halo beater - which isn't the best thing when its actually going to be hitting shops around the time of Halo 2, which everyone knows is going to swipe the original aside.

I guess it'll be a decent shooter for the PS2 when I think of the current shooters the console has, but it wouldn't be such a killer title on the XBox with shooters such as Halo 2, Half Life 2 and Doom 3 on the way. In fact, Star Wars: Republic Commando has me a lot more excited - that looks the nuts !

Of course on the E3 DVD, there was a Sony representative talking about Killzone and he said something along the lines of "we expect this to do well, it should hopefully sell as well as...er.....Gran Turismo and GTA !"
It was so obvious he wanted to say Halo, but then I guess if he did, that would be admitting that your rival holds the benchmark for that genre and you're playing catch up.
Thu 09/09/04 at 20:27
Regular
Even if it's crap it'll still get 10/10 in OPM.
Thu 09/09/04 at 20:15
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Certainly not the end of the world - from what I've seen of it, it looks pretty mediocre. :-|
Wed 08/09/04 at 16:09
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Like a bunch of vultures...
Wed 08/09/04 at 10:49
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
You are a fool.
Wed 08/09/04 at 02:21
Regular
I sold mine. Can't remember who to actually, but it was someone here.
Tue 07/09/04 at 23:33
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Oh and don't even attempt to diss Goldeneye.

Indeed, written in my profile just earlier:

"Favourite Game Of All Time: Goldeneye - criticise it at your peril"

I love that game. I still play it at least a couple of times a month.
Tue 07/09/04 at 23:31
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Squall wrote:
> Goldeneye...mmm..well.... it basically sucked. I never even bought it
> after playing it

Ahahahahahahahahaha!!

Honestly, though, you are technically devoid of any ability to judge shoot-em-ups, aren't you?

So, let me get this straight, the list of your best shoot em ups goes:

1. Killzone - despite it not being out

Then Goldeneye and Halo somewhere beneath it. Despite both being critically acclaimed classics (that ARE actually already out, suprisingly enough); console shifters, and perfect examples of shoot-em-up genius?

Do you seriously expect me to believe you've played either game for more than an hour? Come on now, Squall, what are you, five?
Tue 07/09/04 at 22:27
Regular
Oh and don't even attempt to diss Goldeneye.
Tue 07/09/04 at 22:26
Regular
Ahhhhhhhhhh

Can't believe this thread's still going. Can we just end it right now? my post was only a little jokey type thing not to be taken seriously, I wasn't looking for some stupid ass console war type malarky.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.