GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Net Neutrality"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/12/06 at 00:37
Regular
You might or might not have heard about this, whether it will affect us outside the US we'll have to ask our resident experts, such as Garin. Save the internets!

What is Net Neutrality

Anti Net Neutrality Commerical
(Sponsored by the multi-billion $ telecom companies
Sun 17/12/06 at 15:32
Regular
I had a feeling the programers had created such a button to get rid of me with one mouse click =) hopefully I'll never give you the oppurtunity to use it ;)
Sun 17/12/06 at 15:21
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Well luckily, I'm working with my manager, he has access to all web sites..so I can just get him to check anything you may be posting...and then while he's checking I can get ready to click on the button called 'BAN MACHIE' ;)
Sun 17/12/06 at 14:52
Regular
So what you're saying Vexxxed, is that we could post naughty YouTube videos on here and you wont be able to check them to see if they're suitable or not? =D

I'm just going to find all my favourite Japanese busty bikini babes videos.
Sun 17/12/06 at 14:41
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Stop posting links going to Youtube, we can't get access to that site from work as it's been blocked! :( Makes reading some posts quite impossible! lol
Sun 17/12/06 at 10:51
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
ISP's, in some countries, do block access to various sites; The Best Page in the Universe is not viewable in some countries due to Monopolies held by state-run telecoms firms (See news item, just down the page. If you're a small child, and of the easily offended ignorant classes etc, maybe not a good idea to look much written by Maddox.)

However, there are fair competition laws and (I'd imagine) various items of legislation which allow for freedom of transport (If you could call it that), over the Internet. If any ISP did try to block a search engine, for example, they would get their butts sued off in any Western country, the US especially; you have a right to access any Website, as you have a right to a choice of opinion and speech, and seemingly therefore, the right to view what others have to say, and to use the code that a variety of people have created to help you find out others' views!

The Internet is free and safe for you to use as you like (Well, unless your family, workplace, school etc decide to place their own restrictions), and will be for as long as you live in a democratic society. Don't like it? Go to somewhere like Iran where the government imposes their authoritarian religious beliefs on the population as a means of repression.
Sun 17/12/06 at 10:51
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Ah this was a big thing not that long ago but it seems to have died down now.

I'm fairly sure that it would only apply to anyone using an ISP within the US.

It's a stupid idea anyway.
Sun 17/12/06 at 08:47
Regular
"8==="
Why is Freeola so slow today?

OMFG my ISP is BLEEDING!!!111
Sun 17/12/06 at 08:39
Regular
"..."
If irrational panic is worth spreading...then it's worth exaggerating the likelihood!
Sun 17/12/06 at 08:34
Regular
"8==="
Yes but that's seriously unlikely.
Sun 17/12/06 at 08:31
Regular
"..."
Hedfix wrote:
> Easiest counter to that is to change to another ISP.

Unless, of course, all ISPs decide to do it...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.