GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony is after one thing!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/06/01 at 16:16
Regular
I get the feeling that sony is only after one thing. MONEY1 and lots of it. Now before i go on i have to say I own a PS1( got it when it came out about 5 years ago) and a PS2 and they are both great. But looking at other consoles makes me think maybee sony could have done a few things a bit better.

The Gamecube and X-box will be released soon, both with 4 controller ports yet the PS2 only has 2 (means you have to pay £20 for a multi tap) why couldn't they just make the console with 4 like the N64, DC,X-box,Gamecube.

Also the release price of the PS2 was around £300, the gamecube is due to be sold for around £100 cheaper. Memory for the PS2 is expensive too, £30 for a memory card. The x-box will have a built in hard drive whereas sony are charging about £100 fir theirs.
Seems a little unfair that it would cost so much to buy all the hardware. Im sure sony could have put more in the console before releasing it.
Fri 15/06/01 at 19:42
Regular
sassa wrote:
> TO LATE, SONY HAVE WON THE GAMES WAR

It hasn't even started. Sony are just preparing for it.
Fri 15/06/01 at 19:34
I own a grey box and a PS2, if my memory serves me right
wasn"t the very first playstation £400. If i am correct then
£300 for a PS2 and dvd is not that bad. Original games for
PS1 started at around £45 same as what the PS2 games are
coming out at. Word is that the PS2 is to be dropped in
price to about £200 in September to compete with the x-box
and game cube TO LATE, SONY HAVE WON THE GAMES WAR
Fri 15/06/01 at 16:20
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
I agree that the PS2 is expensive although the price of the memory card is not that bad as it will take a lot to fill it up, probably over 15 game saves.
Fri 15/06/01 at 16:16
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I get the feeling that sony is only after one thing. MONEY1 and lots of it. Now before i go on i have to say I own a PS1( got it when it came out about 5 years ago) and a PS2 and they are both great. But looking at other consoles makes me think maybee sony could have done a few things a bit better.

The Gamecube and X-box will be released soon, both with 4 controller ports yet the PS2 only has 2 (means you have to pay £20 for a multi tap) why couldn't they just make the console with 4 like the N64, DC,X-box,Gamecube.

Also the release price of the PS2 was around £300, the gamecube is due to be sold for around £100 cheaper. Memory for the PS2 is expensive too, £30 for a memory card. The x-box will have a built in hard drive whereas sony are charging about £100 fir theirs.
Seems a little unfair that it would cost so much to buy all the hardware. Im sure sony could have put more in the console before releasing it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.