GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"~~~~~AN UNBIASED APOLOGY~~~~~"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/06/01 at 14:53
Regular
I'm not going to stand down over my feelings that there are hardly ever Dreamcast posts that win, because it's true. However, this is probably more to do with the fact that there are hardly ever any Dreamcast posts in the first place. I appreciate the fact that jd99's post was superb, and he is a good friend of mine (honest!), I told him about the site and I am delighted that he is posting well, and being rewarded for his hard work and innovativity.

I apologise for the use of asterix, (a strangely compelling French Cartoon that is always shown at Christmas for some reason) and for any foul, abusive and overly sophisticated language that I may or may not have used in the past few days. I had tension in my mind, I was feeling just a tiny bit stressed, I'll explain why.

Not winning: reasons for incredible anger and frustration etc.

I have been lucky enough/skillful enough to win a game many times from this website. Yes, I have won a lot more times than, say Spider II for instance, and I am pleased that it has saved me from paying for them. However, you may or may not believe me when I say that the prize is irrelevant, it's the taking part that helps, but the winning that counts simply because it gives your morale a boost, especially when your life is in turmoil and you have nothing at all going good for you.

Everyone can win, not just PS2 posts/cheats and stories by Grix, with humerous reference to my insanely long posts and reviews, but when you see the names 'er-no', 'Meka-Dragon', 'Grix' and 'pb' and so forth continually appearing on the front page, it can get a little depressing. Yes, I am sure they deserve to win - heck, they're impressive writers as are many, many members on this forum, and I have to give credit where credit is due, but if you can just try to see my slight disappointment as I have always tried to portray myself as a friendly-ish member, I have been posting a lot over the past 6months, and sometimes, just sometimes, the fact that you don't win makes you feel as though you have lost, especially when you feel that you have posted the best thing - and as Tony said, the selectors didn't attempt to read my post or something, because it was too long. Well that's not really all that nice, but there you go.

Word count: Now, at least some good has come out of this for me, as my word count now appears to be at the correct amount, after I shrivlessly complained that there was a system fault, and I now sit in 5th place overall for my word count, which is actually important. I no longer sit sulking, I never did, I merely was enraged with uncomprehensionable and uncontrollable anger and frustration, partly due to my posting an incredibly looooong post, combined with the disgraceful workmanship of the Chinese.

British products 'made in China'. I wouldn't be surprised if the Crown Jewels had the infamous label of unsurpassed cheapness on them.

Everyone has problems, but I have been experiencing a wealth or 'plague' as more appropriate, of brand new products being faulty. Yes it's not important and doesn't even compare with some of the troubles of the world, but it's not exactly fun.

Don't buy a(n) Hitachi C24W511TN-311 24inch wide-screen television with 3DS dolby surround sound. It has colouration problems and mine is going back yet again. Stay well clear of Empire-Direct. Their customer service is appalling and they cannot accept it when products are faulty, even when you provide photographic evidence and video footage of the problem.

Stay well clear of Dell PCs. In my experience, which supposedly was a rare case, the hard-drive failed in 3 weeks, meaning I loast everything. The customer service is slow, unhelpful and quite frankly I could have learned how to make my own computer by the time they actually replaced the drive! This isn't sucking up to SR - but you would be better off with an SR PC, my brother has one, and nothing has ever gone wrong and the prices are good.

York Barbell. The weight lifting people. My exercise bike fell apart the day before the warranty was to expire, so thankfully we were able to replace the broken part. Be careful. Yesterday, my weights and weight bench arrived, only to find that the weight bench, before assembly, had been put together (i.e. the foam seat part) by the visually impared. 'Monkey's would have done a better job'. So, that's got to be replaced.

Philips S-video leads. It says it's 3metres, but in fact it is 6metres, therefore I now have endless coils of wires behind my television. Aesthetically ugly and it doesn't match the product description, so surely I should be able to get a refund? No say Comet, who also made me wait 2 hours for my MP3 player. Comet sucks.

Anything else while I'm at it? Ah yes, pollen. I hate pollen, and I haven't been able to sleep at all for the past three days as I 've been sneezing all night and going blind with itchy eyeness. It's not good, I can't take tablets. Flowers are mean. Stupid flowers.

Compile this with running a dying trading 'not quite a business', sitting GCSE exams unable to even read the questions due to blurry eyes, and you may be able, hopefully, to see why I went a little OTT.

So what can I say now?

My word count has gone up, thanks to the now bug free system, I hope. I'm not leaving, as I shall follow in the footsteps of nameless Grix and stay here where I'm going to try and liven up the Dreamcast forum.

Sorry about any inconvenience caused.

Do not take anything I said previously personally, I am still in a horendous mood, and I can only ask that you accept my long apology and explanation.

The Game: has lots of friends.
Goatboy: Likes Monkeys
Jd99: the next notable
Tony: cares about his customers
Us: a successful R&D depo.

Fair enough.

Dan2K1
Fri 15/06/01 at 14:53
I'm not going to stand down over my feelings that there are hardly ever Dreamcast posts that win, because it's true. However, this is probably more to do with the fact that there are hardly ever any Dreamcast posts in the first place. I appreciate the fact that jd99's post was superb, and he is a good friend of mine (honest!), I told him about the site and I am delighted that he is posting well, and being rewarded for his hard work and innovativity.

I apologise for the use of asterix, (a strangely compelling French Cartoon that is always shown at Christmas for some reason) and for any foul, abusive and overly sophisticated language that I may or may not have used in the past few days. I had tension in my mind, I was feeling just a tiny bit stressed, I'll explain why.

Not winning: reasons for incredible anger and frustration etc.

I have been lucky enough/skillful enough to win a game many times from this website. Yes, I have won a lot more times than, say Spider II for instance, and I am pleased that it has saved me from paying for them. However, you may or may not believe me when I say that the prize is irrelevant, it's the taking part that helps, but the winning that counts simply because it gives your morale a boost, especially when your life is in turmoil and you have nothing at all going good for you.

Everyone can win, not just PS2 posts/cheats and stories by Grix, with humerous reference to my insanely long posts and reviews, but when you see the names 'er-no', 'Meka-Dragon', 'Grix' and 'pb' and so forth continually appearing on the front page, it can get a little depressing. Yes, I am sure they deserve to win - heck, they're impressive writers as are many, many members on this forum, and I have to give credit where credit is due, but if you can just try to see my slight disappointment as I have always tried to portray myself as a friendly-ish member, I have been posting a lot over the past 6months, and sometimes, just sometimes, the fact that you don't win makes you feel as though you have lost, especially when you feel that you have posted the best thing - and as Tony said, the selectors didn't attempt to read my post or something, because it was too long. Well that's not really all that nice, but there you go.

Word count: Now, at least some good has come out of this for me, as my word count now appears to be at the correct amount, after I shrivlessly complained that there was a system fault, and I now sit in 5th place overall for my word count, which is actually important. I no longer sit sulking, I never did, I merely was enraged with uncomprehensionable and uncontrollable anger and frustration, partly due to my posting an incredibly looooong post, combined with the disgraceful workmanship of the Chinese.

British products 'made in China'. I wouldn't be surprised if the Crown Jewels had the infamous label of unsurpassed cheapness on them.

Everyone has problems, but I have been experiencing a wealth or 'plague' as more appropriate, of brand new products being faulty. Yes it's not important and doesn't even compare with some of the troubles of the world, but it's not exactly fun.

Don't buy a(n) Hitachi C24W511TN-311 24inch wide-screen television with 3DS dolby surround sound. It has colouration problems and mine is going back yet again. Stay well clear of Empire-Direct. Their customer service is appalling and they cannot accept it when products are faulty, even when you provide photographic evidence and video footage of the problem.

Stay well clear of Dell PCs. In my experience, which supposedly was a rare case, the hard-drive failed in 3 weeks, meaning I loast everything. The customer service is slow, unhelpful and quite frankly I could have learned how to make my own computer by the time they actually replaced the drive! This isn't sucking up to SR - but you would be better off with an SR PC, my brother has one, and nothing has ever gone wrong and the prices are good.

York Barbell. The weight lifting people. My exercise bike fell apart the day before the warranty was to expire, so thankfully we were able to replace the broken part. Be careful. Yesterday, my weights and weight bench arrived, only to find that the weight bench, before assembly, had been put together (i.e. the foam seat part) by the visually impared. 'Monkey's would have done a better job'. So, that's got to be replaced.

Philips S-video leads. It says it's 3metres, but in fact it is 6metres, therefore I now have endless coils of wires behind my television. Aesthetically ugly and it doesn't match the product description, so surely I should be able to get a refund? No say Comet, who also made me wait 2 hours for my MP3 player. Comet sucks.

Anything else while I'm at it? Ah yes, pollen. I hate pollen, and I haven't been able to sleep at all for the past three days as I 've been sneezing all night and going blind with itchy eyeness. It's not good, I can't take tablets. Flowers are mean. Stupid flowers.

Compile this with running a dying trading 'not quite a business', sitting GCSE exams unable to even read the questions due to blurry eyes, and you may be able, hopefully, to see why I went a little OTT.

So what can I say now?

My word count has gone up, thanks to the now bug free system, I hope. I'm not leaving, as I shall follow in the footsteps of nameless Grix and stay here where I'm going to try and liven up the Dreamcast forum.

Sorry about any inconvenience caused.

Do not take anything I said previously personally, I am still in a horendous mood, and I can only ask that you accept my long apology and explanation.

The Game: has lots of friends.
Goatboy: Likes Monkeys
Jd99: the next notable
Tony: cares about his customers
Us: a successful R&D depo.

Fair enough.

Dan2K1
Fri 15/06/01 at 14:55
Regular
But posting more than once could count against you!!!
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:01
Target audience: both FOG. Thus, both FOG get shot at.
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:02
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Dan 2K1: Has one more friend!

^_^
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:03
Regular
Well I would have been your friend, but if Games in your camp....

lol :)

Bonus 4 - 2 Game!!!
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:03
Ah, my first. Excellent.
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:07
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Get lost, you Scottish moose!

Did you ever notice how Scotland looks really crap. I mean the US looks like a toilet bowl, and Italy looks like a boot, but Scotland... it's a wee but bent...

A bit like Bonus. And you, my Scottish bread fruit-cake are an epitome of Camp!
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:08
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Game 4 - 4 Bonus
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:09
Regular
I've never seen a Scottish moose before, I take it the rest of your post should be taken as fiction also?

Unlike these English farmer types??
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:10
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
^_^

Game: Not Scottish... Thank God!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.