GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Greatest gigs ever..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/12/06 at 15:24
Regular
"zombies rule"
I am the biggest fan of live music and go to as many gigs as is humanly possible...the greatest one has to be Placebo in 2003 when they toured the Sleeping with Ghosts album......
Sat 16/12/06 at 15:24
Regular
"zombies rule"
I am the biggest fan of live music and go to as many gigs as is humanly possible...the greatest one has to be Placebo in 2003 when they toured the Sleeping with Ghosts album......
Sat 16/12/06 at 17:28
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I've only been going to gigs since April, but so far the best performance I've seen has to be Saxon at the London Astoria on their Night Out with the Boys(!) Tour: 2 hours of high volume, shout-along Metal anthems, all but one of which was from their glory years of 1979-84!

And I'm seeing Tenacious D at the Brighton Centre tomorrow, that should be awesome!
Sat 16/12/06 at 19:34
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Faith No More at the Civic Hall in Wolverhampton - unbelievably fantastic.
Sun 17/12/06 at 10:55
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Timmargh wrote:
> Faith No More at the Civic Hall in Wolverhampton - unbelievably
> fantastic.

when was that tim? was it Mike Patton on vocal?
FNM are one of the few bands that have always been awesome regardless of personnel changes.

sabbath sucked without ozzy, but faith no more were always brilliant.

my best gig has to be: Mean Fiddler 2003 - Strapping Young Lad, The Devin Townsend Band, Zimmers Hole - the "keep it in the family" tour (all the bands had at least one member in common, so most guys were on double duty. good way to keep travel expenses down though, just get the same guys to be in all the bands :D )
Sun 17/12/06 at 11:01
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Very_Metal wrote:
> sabbath sucked without ozzy, but faith no more were always
> brilliant.

The last 2 albums they did with Ozzy were so good? Yeah, right...

Come on, the stuff with Dio on vocals, and even Ian Gillan to an extent, is worth listening to, it only really gets scetchy from the Mid 80's onward, minus Geezer Butler or Bill Ward... though there's the occasional good song, like The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, The Eternal Idol or In For the Kill.

And the Dehumanizer album, when Appice and Dio returned, really does kick butt at times!

And FNM... awesome stuff there too! :^D
Sun 17/12/06 at 11:05
Regular
"you've got a beard"
man, Dio was lame. that`s scientific fact. there`s been studies and EVERYthing ;)

hehe, i`m biased as i`m a mark for ozzy but to me sabbath really lost a bit of *something* when he wasn`t there.
Sun 17/12/06 at 11:12
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
See, I also listen to Rainbow (Well, the stuff from before they sold out) and Dio, hence I don't mind the albums Sabbath did with RJD on vocals... and Heaven & Hell was their best album in years, since Sabotage at least. Take the slightly strange, mystical lyrics or leave 'em, but the guy has a powerful voice, not quite as unique as Ozzy's creepy wail though! But his arrival did re-energise Sabbath when their frontman was totally unreliable, admittedly enough.

Yeah, it's not quite Paranoid or Master Of Reality standard, but still great stuff. I prefer the earlier stuff, but I'll still probably be seeing the '80-82/'91-'93 lineup when they tour as "Heaven & Hell" this year. Because they 'kin rocked!
Sun 17/12/06 at 11:40
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Very_Metal wrote:
> when was that tim? was it Mike Patton on vocal?

It was just over 9 year ago and yes: it was Mike Patton. I'd seen them at the NEC a few years earlier and they were good then but the smaller venue made it more enjoyable.

They broadcast the Wolverhampton gig on Radio 1 soon after - there are some MP3's on my site.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.