GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA SA + Xbox = No, no."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Sat 11/09/04 at 09:19
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
This is from computerandvideogames.com

Okay, so do you want the good news or the bad? The good news is that Rockstar Games has reportedly announced Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for PC during Q3 next year. As for the downside, it appears that the publisher currently has no plans to bring the much lauded crime epic to the Xbox.
Take-Two's financial report, released yesterday, revealed that "additional products planned for fiscal 2005 from Rockstar Games include Grand Theft Auto for PC in the third quarter." However, there was absolutely no mention of an Xbox incarnation, which is bound to worry hordes of ardent followers of Microsoft's black box.

Indeed, when we visited Rockstar's London H.Q. recently, a spokesperson told us that it was unaware of any "other versions currently in development as all energies were being channelled into the PS2 game" - a statement which probably partly explains why the PC port is pencilled in for such a late release.

Still, we have to admit, it does seem strange that Rockstar is planning a PC version, and not an Xbox one. Rockstar UK issued a "no comment" as we went to press, but no doubt we shall bring you more on this soon.

As for the PS2 version, reports are stating that the game will be delayed by one week and will now release on October 29.
Thu 16/09/04 at 23:17
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Damn!
Tue 14/09/04 at 19:35
Regular
"Unretired"
I guess i'll just have to wait for the PC version then.
It's hardly worth forking out for a PS2 just to play it.
Tue 14/09/04 at 14:11
Regular
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> it would be purely spasticated not to release it on xbox.

What some developers need to realise is that by releasing things exclusive for certain systems you don't just get the support of the company that built the system but the fans.

Viewtiful Joe did very well for the Gamecube. It is now a multi-format game and Viewitiful Joe 2 is barely discussed on the Nintendo forum. The reason is that is no longer has an exclusive fan base, Nintendo fans will harp on about the great VJ... not anymore because it isn't a strict Nintendo game.

This is why it has taken so long for Monkey Ball to go multi-format. The game has a big fanbase on the Gamecube. It was by far the best launch title for the system. Now there is a deluxe edition for rival formats I can almost guarentee that Nintendo fans will let SMB slip into a "game that's alright" catagory. SEGA used to say it's a Nintendo franchise essentially due to the fan base, I bet Sammy had something to do with the change of heart.

It isn't just a Nintendo fan thing. If the X-box and Gamecube got Snake Eater at the same time then I can almost assure that the sales on the PS2 would drop. Substance and Twin Snakes for the X-box and Gamecube respectivly sold alright, the sales were good enough for Konami to launch the series on a new system. But you see it'll dissapoint the PS2 fans.

It's the only problem with getting attached to third party software. You know it may go multi-format at ANY time. Imagine how a Playstation fan feels when the systems leading franchises Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, GTA, Metal Gear Solid, Pro evo, Crash, Spyro etc... suddenly goes multi-format or leaves the console entirely (or nearly entirely as the case is for Resident Evil).

Nintendo fans had their heart ripped out when RARE games, Viewtiful Joe, and Killer 7... our beloved exclusive games went to another console or multi-format. Super Monkey Ball was the same and we all prayed (well not me) that Rogue Squadron was just a rumour.

Microsoft's X-box hasn't suffered this yet (bar with splinter CEll) but be aware at any moment Techmo could confirm DOA4 for the PS2 etc... It COULD and probably will happen.

The good news for Microsoft fans is that games like Halo will almost certainly never appear on any other console. What's great about being a Nintendo owner is that Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Pikmin etc... just aren't going anywhere. PS2 owners just have to say how great it is that Ico, Wipeout and GT are exclusive.

And we just laugh :D
Tue 14/09/04 at 11:13
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Nah, it sucks.

Nah, it rocks.

Fin.
Tue 14/09/04 at 11:12
"I love yo... lamp."
It has a lot of potential, but then so do the Bond, Star Trek and Bomberman franchises. All of them got wrecked as well though didn't they.
Tue 14/09/04 at 11:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Nah, it sucks.

End.
Tue 14/09/04 at 00:46
Regular
GTA to me is one of the finest franchises ever.

sure it looks dated now, but it's still oozing potential.

*cough* multiplayer *cough*
Mon 13/09/04 at 23:14
Regular
"Touched!"
Edgy wrote:
> I lost interest really quickly after buying the GTA double pack.

Same here, SA will have to be very special for me to consider buying it.
Mon 13/09/04 at 22:51
Regular
I lost interest really quickly after buying the GTA double pack.
Mon 13/09/04 at 18:45
"I love yo... lamp."
Of course it is going to be on Xbox, that's why they use middle-ware for games. Take the code, spend half an hour compiling for Xbox and rake in another few million.

I don't really care about it anyway to be honest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.