GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola email "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/11/09 at 17:54
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for updating your status page regarding the current email issue:

" We are currently investigating a problem with the MX servers that receive mail for our customers. Because of this issue, you may find that some incoming mail is delayed for a short period, however no mail should be lost. We apologise for any inconvenience and will resolve the issue as quickly as possible. "

I can confirm email isn't getting through. I'm really hoping I don't lose mail again as it always seems to be me!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 28/02/11 at 15:49
"Are you sure?"
quasi wrote:
thank you

Welcome to the Freeola forums!

I'm guessing you may have posted in the wrong thread? :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 28/02/11 at 15:38
Regular
thank you
Tue 10/11/09 at 09:36
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Passed that on to nc who will enquire with Enta. The answer won't be immediate however.
Tue 10/11/09 at 08:56
"Are you sure?"
ncrs wrote:
> that it was a comparitively short outage, but I don't know what
> the retry schedule is on that server.

Just to update...
Sunday's form-mail submission still hasn't arrived so I guess it's been lost. Perhaps you can look at the retry schedule you mention to stop a recurrence, as there is obviously a weak link somewhere?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 09/11/09 at 09:00
Staff
No all the MX queues were clear last night (though possibly not the websmtp queue which I don't have access to). I would have also expected the websmtp to have also cleared it's queue given that it was a comparitively short outage, but I don't know what the retry schedule is on that server.
Mon 09/11/09 at 08:48
"Are you sure?"
Rather worryingly the form-mail email I can see submitted yesterday PM still hasn't arrived!

Just done a test form-mail and it arrived within a few minutes this morning.

Does this mean there are still emails in the system after yesterday's problem, or have some been lost again? :¬(
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 08/11/09 at 18:43
"Are you sure?"
I see the email item on the status page has been closed - but I can see a form-mail submitted email from 16.58 hasn't arrived? :¬(
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 08/11/09 at 18:03
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> Thanks for updating your status page regarding the current email
> issue:
>
> " We are currently investigating a problem with the MX
> servers that receive mail for our customers. Because of this
> issue, you may find that some incoming mail is delayed for a
> short period, however no mail should be lost. We apologise for
> any inconvenience and will resolve the issue as quickly as
> possible.
"
>
> I can confirm email isn't getting through. I'm really hoping I
> don't lose mail
> again
> as it always seems to be me!
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]

Noticed the same here Hmmm:-(
Sun 08/11/09 at 17:54
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for updating your status page regarding the current email issue:

" We are currently investigating a problem with the MX servers that receive mail for our customers. Because of this issue, you may find that some incoming mail is delayed for a short period, however no mail should be lost. We apologise for any inconvenience and will resolve the issue as quickly as possible. "

I can confirm email isn't getting through. I'm really hoping I don't lose mail again as it always seems to be me!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.