GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft are they really that bad?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/06/01 at 20:48
Regular
Rant rave, rant rave, lets face it if you really though they were that bad you would move over to Unix!

Ok so with XP you many well have to only ever have that one PC, and if you change your hardware you will have to pay again, But surely if Bill thought he couldn't get away with it he wouldn't do it.

Whether you either love the man or hate him, i guess we are stuck with him as i don't see Unix doing Direct X support in the near future not before surrendering to Bill and his henchmen, Or of course he could make a deal with the company! (cough cough) just like the netscape microsoft deal (cough cough) infact the sad thing is that microsoft have a habit of behaving like Leaches, they suck all the goodness out of companies and they crawl away to their next victim! In this case Napster "Er Bill can we start a music sharing company" "Why we don't need to we will just ask Napster to give us their company in exchange for this wade of money.
But if Napster fails, wooh betide. "Er Napster no we don't own them, we used to be partners but not on equal terms."

So if at the end of the day things are going pearshaped for microsoft,Your just dreaming.

Well iam anyway!
Sun 24/06/01 at 18:09
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
residentevilfan wrote:
> The answer to not helping microsoft in 4 easy steps.

Buy an Apple
> Imac (miles better)

---But apple are going under in the same way as Acorn did! Just look at their financial reports!

Use Netscape

---Netscape is dead! The company was bought up, and in retaliation, Netscape put all their cod eon the net and quit!

stay away from the xbox

---Why? As I keep saying, think of the xbox as though it is not made by MS... after all, it's not bill gates behing it- it's J Allard, a man who has been in the industry for far far longer than sony!

Use Unix
> instead of Windows if on a PC.

---Why don't people use Unix??? Because it's very un-user-friendly! That is a fact! You really need to know what you are doing when u use unix (have u actually ever used it?)

Sonic
Mon 18/06/01 at 19:31
Yeah thats ok but I havent seen really good games for ant macs, if you have tell me where I can get hold of the m from and I'll buy a mac!
Fri 15/06/01 at 00:51
Regular
"Back For Good"
The answer to not helping microsoft in 4 easy steps.

Buy an Apple Imac (miles better)
Use Netscape
stay away from the xbox
Use Unix instead of Windows if on a PC.

see it's not that hard and Imac's are so much more reliable to use and more attractive.
Thu 14/06/01 at 20:48
Rant rave, rant rave, lets face it if you really though they were that bad you would move over to Unix!

Ok so with XP you many well have to only ever have that one PC, and if you change your hardware you will have to pay again, But surely if Bill thought he couldn't get away with it he wouldn't do it.

Whether you either love the man or hate him, i guess we are stuck with him as i don't see Unix doing Direct X support in the near future not before surrendering to Bill and his henchmen, Or of course he could make a deal with the company! (cough cough) just like the netscape microsoft deal (cough cough) infact the sad thing is that microsoft have a habit of behaving like Leaches, they suck all the goodness out of companies and they crawl away to their next victim! In this case Napster "Er Bill can we start a music sharing company" "Why we don't need to we will just ask Napster to give us their company in exchange for this wade of money.
But if Napster fails, wooh betide. "Er Napster no we don't own them, we used to be partners but not on equal terms."

So if at the end of the day things are going pearshaped for microsoft,Your just dreaming.

Well iam anyway!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.