GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend Me A Digital Camera"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/11/09 at 20:48
Hey guys,

So I'm looking for a decent digital camera. I'm a freelancer who likes to cover local events, but I've always had to hire a photographer at outrageous costs. By having a digi cam I cut out that middleman and can hopefully save me a tonne of money in the long run.

I'm looking for something which is really easy to use and preferably quite cheap (£100 or underish) from either retail outlets or online. I'd appreciate all your wisdom on this, as I have no experience with cams myself.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.

Ta.
Sat 07/11/09 at 08:40
Regular
"I like turtles"
Scott,I have one of the Fuji Finepix models and my mother in law has a similar model.They are compact,very user friendly,very good battery life and take excellent pictures IMO.I would recommend them 100%.One thing to remember is that Sony cameras use their own brand memory sticks (which are not the cheapest option) but they known to be good cameras.Ours are like this .Hope this helps :)
Fri 06/11/09 at 23:18
That's fantastic help Machie. I may actually buy the Amazon camera you linked with help from some Game Revolution gift cards.
Fri 06/11/09 at 23:00
Regular
Your photos might not look as nice if you take them yourself instead of using a professional, but if that doesn't matter then it's worth trying if it'll mean you can save some money.

For under £100 you won't be able to get an amateur photographers DSLR, I think the cheapest one is the Fuji FinePix at £120.

So that means you'll want a compact camera, with a good optical zoom, flash and other nice features. You'll also need to decide whether you want a camera that uses AA batteries or has a rechargeable Li-ion battery. My old camera takes AA batteries and I think over the years I've binned a few hundred. Such a waste, but I couldnt afford a li-on battery camera at the time.

I wouldn't like to recommend a camera, just incase you went and bought it and it turned out to be a bad investment. So go on to sites like Amazon and check the features and read the reviews. It also might help going down to some camera shops and taking a closer look before buying online.

As well as reviews this site has many galleries with example photographs of quite a few camera models. If the one you're after isn't llisted, just use Google or head over to Flickr. It's worth seeing the quality of the pictures before spending any money.

I've heard good things about Sony Cyber-shot cameras and Canon Powershot cameras (this one uses batteries)

I hope I've been some help.
Fri 06/11/09 at 20:48
Hey guys,

So I'm looking for a decent digital camera. I'm a freelancer who likes to cover local events, but I've always had to hire a photographer at outrageous costs. By having a digi cam I cut out that middleman and can hopefully save me a tonne of money in the long run.

I'm looking for something which is really easy to use and preferably quite cheap (£100 or underish) from either retail outlets or online. I'd appreciate all your wisdom on this, as I have no experience with cams myself.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.

Ta.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.