GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In your opinion do you think pokemon fire red/leaf green can evolve from the earlier Red and Blue titles?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pokemon Leaf Green/ Fire Red'.
Sun 12/09/04 at 18:38
Regular
"TNA > WWE"
Hey there, I am posting this because i have had 1 thought in my mind since i heard of yet another pokemon release. This release is supposed to be the exact replica of the classic pokemon red and blue games released in 1999. All the Reviews say yes but really can a new release of Pokemon exedd the classics before it?
Wed 15/09/04 at 16:40
Regular
"pro evo fan"
pokemon leaf green and fire red, are goin to be a great touch to the pokemon series of games,which are still one of the best RPG game out, blue and red were no doubt the best game released so far by nintendo im my opinion having played all the previous titles and completed them,but i do rekon there aint much in the games to do after beatin the elite four, and i rekon addin the new islands are not bein able to complete the total pokedex untill beatin the elite four will add more life span to the game and add tha touch thas been need for so long after you have become champion.

ive jst finally completed pokemon sapphire and got all 200 pokemon, but i was a little let down again by the endings,all you get is a naff certificate sayin youve completed your pokedex and the prof only says weldone to you,i was expecting a little bit more, like maybe may comes bk and challenges you, unless i havent actually tottaly completed the game :s hmmmmmm.......
Mon 13/09/04 at 23:18
Regular
Pokemon needs to change to 3D or it'll lose its fan base.
Mon 13/09/04 at 23:17
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> They only work with Ruby and Sapphire and Colleseum.

That sucks.

Seriously.

Forget it. Not interested anymore. :-)
Mon 13/09/04 at 19:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> That's what I meant. You can't catch them all in the game, but it's
> the first game where you can get all the Pokemon created so far.

When they're out though, you can get all the Pokemon created so far on any of the GBA titles, games made before Fire and Leaf.

Oh, and if I wanted to be really pedantic, there's always Gonbe, the Snorlax pre-evolution which is in the latest film out in Japan (that would be the 7th, I think) which isn't in any of the games so far. :)
Mon 13/09/04 at 16:08
Regular
I get what you mean, but it sucks you can't get them until after you beat the Elite 4, the game is pretty crap afterwards.
Mon 13/09/04 at 15:59
Regular
tphi wrote:
> Whitestripes DX wrote:
> And when you beat the Elite 4 you'll be able to get the other 250
> odd
> Pokemon, meaning it's the first proper Pokemon game where you can
> collect every Pokemon created.
>
> You can't get them all in the game. Only, if you trade with
> Ruby/Sapphire/Collosseum.
>

That's what I meant. You can't catch them all in the game, but it's the first game where you can get all the Pokemon created so far.
Sun 12/09/04 at 23:38
Regular
It is the icing on the Pokemon cake... bar the updated "emerald" the next installment in the multi-billion franchise will be in 3D.
Sun 12/09/04 at 22:34
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> And when you beat the Elite 4 you'll be able to get the other 250 odd
> Pokemon, meaning it's the first proper Pokemon game where you can
> collect every Pokemon created.

You can't get them all in the game. Only, if you trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Collosseum.

And theres some extra islands to visit, so not an "evolution" as such, but I don't think that's what the games are really aiming to be. Just an update, with some fancy extras.
Sun 12/09/04 at 19:43
"period drama"
They only work with Ruby and Sapphire and Colleseum.
Sun 12/09/04 at 19:25
Regular
I think you can only trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, maybe Gold and Silver.

You can't get any Pokemon outside of the original 151 until after you beat the Elite 4, so Pokemon like Golbat that gained a new evolution into Gold and Silver, won't evolve until after then.

I imagine it is combatible with Colleseum though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.