GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Update to your domain name service - InstantPro"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/11/09 at 17:54
"Are you sure?"
Me again!
I've just received this email from Freeola:

"You have an unused InstantPro Homepage waiting to be built...

You are receiving this service bulletin because you have a domain name with Freeola & Get Dotted. This means you're eligible to use our brand new instant homepage creator, absolutely free of charge. Read on for more information.

Easily replace your boring holding page with a stylish web page!
"

I follow the link provided and it just takes me to my normal InstantPro page within MyFreeola and the only offer I can see it to sign up for an additional InstantPro site for £3+VAT pm ???

Sorry to appear dim again - are you now offering InstantPro sites for domain holders as well as ADSL customers? But your link doesn't seem to be showing me the correct details?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site
Thu 05/11/09 at 12:10
Staff
I'll mention the possibility of putting a remove option into MyFreeola accounts for dead domain names. There are scripts already running to remove domains that transfer away from us or lapse, however the system is deliberately set to be as safe as possible about the domain names it removes, as we obviously want to be as careful as possible about removing domains from peoples accounts.

In the meantime if you have any domains that you want archived put a support ticket on for my attention (Nicholas) and I can archive them manually.
Thu 05/11/09 at 10:57
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for clearing that up.

NB. The non-Freeola domain can only be one of of my 'dead' domains shown as Archived where the domain name has been abandoned?

A long while back I mentioned it would be nice to be able to remove dead domains from MyFreeola to save possible confusion - but the answer came back that they would drop off eventually. Must be quite a few years though?

Anyway, thanks again for the answer; I like to try to keep up with all Freeola's services as you know :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 05/11/09 at 10:26
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Hi Numnut, thanks for that.
> I'm not aware of any domains I have registered that I'm not using
> in one way or another (un-hosted)? Could you drop me an email,
> using the email address in my profile, giving the details
> please?

Sorry for the confusion, Numnet mis-read one of your domain names as 'un-hosted' when it is, in fact, hosted with a rival to Freeola :(

> Am I right in thinking this:
>
> ~ All ADSL customers get one full InstanPro site free.
> ~ Each domain registered with Freeola gets a free InstantPro
> 'homepage' offer?

You are correct on both counts.
Thu 05/11/09 at 09:50
"Are you sure?"
Numnut wrote:
> The email was sent to all customers who have unhosted domain
> names in their MyFreeola accounts.

Hi Numnut, thanks for that.
I'm not aware of any domains I have registered that I'm not using in one way or another (un-hosted)? Could you drop me an email, using the email address in my profile, giving the details please?

Re-reading the text in MyFreeola in the InstantPro section I've found a message that I missed yesterday.

"With every domain name hosted in your MyFreeola account, you receive an optional InstantPro Homepage absolutely free of charge."

That reads slightly different than what's been mentioned earlier.
Am I right in thinking this:

~ All ADSL customers get one full InstanPro site free.
~ Each domain registered with Freeola gets a free InstantPro 'homepage' offer?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 04/11/09 at 19:06
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Hi Hmmm, Dragonlance,

The email was sent to all customers who have unhosted domain names in their MyFreeola accounts.

Basically we are now offering an 'InstantPro Homepage', which is a free one page version of the full InstantPro service.

I've checked in your account (hmmm), and you seem to have one un-hosted domain name (amongst the many others!), which is the likely reason you have recieved this mail.

I don't know about the link contained in the email you have recieved, but your MyFreeola account shows you have an InstantPro homepage waiting to be built, which is basically the essence of the email.

Hope thats made things clearer.........
Wed 04/11/09 at 18:57
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> Hi DL,
> Still can't see how this works.
> Have you already used your free IP site that comes with your
> Freeola ADSL?

No and I don't really have any intention of using it at the moment. But have just created a 'free' one page site for one of my clients who had similar.
Wed 04/11/09 at 18:32
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
Still can't see how this works.
Have you already used your free IP site that comes with your Freeola ADSL?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 04/11/09 at 18:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> Me again!
> I've just received this email from Freeola:
>

Got the same one Hmmm. It's correct, you have a free one page site to build - I've one for my hosted site and one based on my original freeola 500 email address - not used them though :-)
Wed 04/11/09 at 17:54
"Are you sure?"
Me again!
I've just received this email from Freeola:

"You have an unused InstantPro Homepage waiting to be built...

You are receiving this service bulletin because you have a domain name with Freeola & Get Dotted. This means you're eligible to use our brand new instant homepage creator, absolutely free of charge. Read on for more information.

Easily replace your boring holding page with a stylish web page!
"

I follow the link provided and it just takes me to my normal InstantPro page within MyFreeola and the only offer I can see it to sign up for an additional InstantPro site for £3+VAT pm ???

Sorry to appear dim again - are you now offering InstantPro sites for domain holders as well as ADSL customers? But your link doesn't seem to be showing me the correct details?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.