GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spooky similarities"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/06/01 at 14:16
Regular
The bond between the Special Reserve Discount Magazine and the official PS2 magazine grows weirder by the day. As you know, I have accused them of nicking the old Special Reserve 'Bullseye' review system and the previous issue had a very similar text effect to the one used by me in my Formula One 2001 page. However, the similarities do not end there.

We now have copies of our mag placed in with subscription copies of the PS2 mag. Our latest front cover (The Bouncer) looked quite similar to the first copy of the official PS2 mag, the one with Tekken Tag. This was through no fault of our designer, Mark. Then, this month, he started to knock up a test front cover with Gran Turismo 3 on it, as it was the biggest game of the month. Merely hours later, the latest copy of the official PS2 magazine arrived at SR Towers. The cover - almost uncannily similar to the one Mark had designed moments earlier, even using the same picture and rounded box effect. Woooooo!

So is it co-incedence? Is it a mole? Who knows.
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:16
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The bond between the Special Reserve Discount Magazine and the official PS2 magazine grows weirder by the day. As you know, I have accused them of nicking the old Special Reserve 'Bullseye' review system and the previous issue had a very similar text effect to the one used by me in my Formula One 2001 page. However, the similarities do not end there.

We now have copies of our mag placed in with subscription copies of the PS2 mag. Our latest front cover (The Bouncer) looked quite similar to the first copy of the official PS2 mag, the one with Tekken Tag. This was through no fault of our designer, Mark. Then, this month, he started to knock up a test front cover with Gran Turismo 3 on it, as it was the biggest game of the month. Merely hours later, the latest copy of the official PS2 magazine arrived at SR Towers. The cover - almost uncannily similar to the one Mark had designed moments earlier, even using the same picture and rounded box effect. Woooooo!

So is it co-incedence? Is it a mole? Who knows.
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:22
Regular
Ahem, PS!!

Bonus pointed out stolen Bullseye!!

Bonus wanted Ali to sue!!

Ali didn't bother!!
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Maybe similar, but they lack anything approaching the inspirational genius of "Stomping round like Silverback Gorillas"

That will live forever in my memory.

Thanks SR.

Monkeys rock.
Huge, angry monkeys are godlike.
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:27
Mark works for OPM2?
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:29
Regular
I think your designer Mark should be sacked because if that is the quality of the SR mag, then you can do better than copy OPS2M. Or, he should come on here and give us a shout, we could give him a few ideas!!
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And we would like more monkey references please.
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:53
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> And we would like more monkey references please.

This is not digitiser!!
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No, but Simian humour is the finest you can get and should be crowbarred into life every single chance you get.

So I politely demand more monkey tales. Although not of the Golden variety
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:57
Regular
Although Monkey Island is the best series of games ever, so I guess you have a point!!
Thu 14/06/01 at 15:07
Regular
"not dead"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> As you know, I have
> accused them of nicking the old Special Reserve 'Bullseye' review
> system.

What, there's nothing in this game for two in a bed? ; )

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.