GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bored? design your own game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/06/01 at 20:59
Regular
Is anyone else bored out there, if so then why not think of a great game(your own idea, don't use one already made) and post it on here. then we can all pick a winner, who will win nothing other than the fact they beat the rest.
Wed 13/06/01 at 20:59
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Is anyone else bored out there, if so then why not think of a great game(your own idea, don't use one already made) and post it on here. then we can all pick a winner, who will win nothing other than the fact they beat the rest.
Wed 13/06/01 at 21:28
Regular
"Back For Good"
yeah then they can program it in YAbasic and type up the code here so we can all play it, yippee
Wed 13/06/01 at 21:34
I'd like a 'The Matrix' game. Dodging enemy fire, and running up walls would all be included. You could choose a character (Morpheus, Neo, Trinity etc.) each with their own special skills - Neo is best at bullet work, Morpheus is the strongest and Trinity would be the fastest with tip-top combat moves.

It would involve working your way through levels in 3rd person view simialr to Oni to rid the king of agents or something.

In my view, a top game.
Wed 13/06/01 at 21:40
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
residentevilfan wrote:
> yeah then they can program it in YAbasic and type up the code here
> so we can all play it, yippee

That would be, everyone with a PS2???

Anyway, I thought a game based on the film Ronin would be good. Well, that's my idea.
Wed 13/06/01 at 21:45
Regular
Ronin... great film.
Wed 13/06/01 at 21:46
Regular
"You've upset me"
This may seem a little far-fetched, so if you think I’m mad then it won’t heart my feelings if you let me know. : -D. Anyway. On with the game!

Right, we’ve got loads of snowboarding, skate boarding and Winter Olympic games but what about Extreme Sports? It could be like loads of different gams mixed into one. The sports included could be: White Water Rafting, Mountain Climbing/Abseiling, Skydiving, Hand-gliding, Downhill Roller Skating and SkyBoarding. You could have championships spanning a number or all of the events, or you could choose individual events.

Now I’ll give you a little bit of a run-down on how all the events will work.

White Water Rafting: A number of locations are available for you to raft in. There could be certain obstacles like sharp rocks and waterfalls. Races could be held or you could do stunt challenges.

Mountain Climbing/Abseiling: Simple enough really, a race to the top of a mountain. The mountain heights get higher and higher as you complete more and more of the stages. Mt. Everest could be the final mountain for you to traverse. Wild life could be dotted around the mountains that could bite or distract a climber. Abseiling would just be a laugh!

Skydiving: A bit like the Pilotwings skydiving mini-game. Jumping out of a plane and trying to land on a target on the ground. Points would be awarded for the more accurate jumps. A stunt mode could be included in this as well. Halo jumping is a version of Skydiving where you actually jump straight into water. This could be included as a reward for good skydiving.

Hand-Gliding: A race to see who can get to a certain place first. A map would be provided showing the destination and "You are here"

Downhill Roller Skating: A race. Stunt mode could be included with a special arena designed for stunts. With Ramps and rails and half pipes and so on.

Skyboarding: reletivley new sport. It’s basically sky diving with a snowboard attached to you. This would be included as an extra level. Only a stunt mdoe could be included for this event.

So, what format could this come out on? PC is out of the question, but every other console would be perfect for this. The main buttons control the speed, and altitude. If played on the N64 the C buttons could be perfect for the mountain climbing, C up making you go up C left making your climber go left… Control stick and button combinations is how you would perform stunts.

The gameplay would be a cross between the International Track and Field games (ie. Mad button bashing affair) and racing games like Gran Turismo and Wave Race.

The backround track could be provided by Xzibit, Dr.Dre, Roxette, Areosmith or Lenny Kravitz. If a sunt goes wrong or the player falls off a mountain there would be screams and/or sighs of relief when they fall into water (come on we can’t kill them!) the screams could be done by Kelis ( :-) )

Up to 15 characters are available to choose from. Only 8 would be choosable initially but by completing the tasks in set times or by getting a set amount of points, secret characters would be unlocked. Each character would have their own weak and strong points, with some being better at pulling complicated stunts while others are very speedy. However at least one must be called Rasta Billy Skank :-D

Developed by THQ and published by Nintendo it would be called Xtreme Sports costing £34.99 and sold at all good game stores. :-)

Well, that’s my idea! Tell me what you think.

RBS

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.