GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"James Bond, Playstation exclusive"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/09/04 at 10:06
Regular
Sony have just bought out massive movie jugganaught MGM (those guys behind James Bond and Rocky) and although it is likely current EA projects will continue, when the license runs drive it is assumed that Sony will take the rights and create its own system selling set of James Bond games.

It looks like EA have missed their chance to rejoin Free Radical with the James Bond license. Now with RARE under Microsoft, the original Goldeneye game owned by Nintendo and the Bond license owned by Sony... it would mean hell freezing over if we were to ever see our much desired re-make.
Sun 26/09/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Braaains"
Rare - the new Ion Storm. And I mean that in a 'Daikatana' sense.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:45
Regular
tphi wrote:
> On Xbox yeh.

Probably not, more likely the next system.

Not that it matters.
Thu 16/09/04 at 21:04
Regular
"thursdayton!"
On Xbox yeh.
Thu 16/09/04 at 16:21
Regular
There is going to be another Perfect Dark...

When we'll get it, what it'll look like etc... is all down to speculation
Thu 16/09/04 at 16:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yes they list it as an 'anticipated' game on the Rareware website.
Thu 16/09/04 at 12:37
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Strafio wrote:
> What Tilt said, it was never realistically going to happen.
>
>
> But hey, a handheld wireless Perfect Dark.
> It can still happen. :-)

Is perfect dark zero ever going to happen?
Wed 15/09/04 at 23:47
Regular
What Tilt said, it was never realistically going to happen.

But hey, a handheld wireless Perfect Dark.
It can still happen. :-)
Wed 15/09/04 at 22:33
Regular
Steel Battalion did that.
Wed 15/09/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm not taken by the idea of this new EA Bond game either.

Not only because it blatantly rips-off the name of an N64 and Gaming Legends simply to sell itself before it's anywhere near finished, but, with these '4 powers' you're supposed to have, it sounds just like too many other games today - like Second Sight, for example; or, even, Metroid Prime, with the visors. :P

Though, I do like the 'You Only Live Once' game mode option, where, you only have the one life to complete the game - and, if you do die, then, the game data is automatically deleted so you can't restart from it anyway.
Wed 15/09/04 at 15:07
"I love yo... lamp."
Not a good thing.

Although it was a ten year licence, so Bond games should still appear on the next gen systems. After that though perhaps not.

In saying that, it is difference sections of Sony, and the accountants over there may decide it is worth selling the licence and making money from it than hoping it would make more as an exclusive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.