GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Audio capabilities of the PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/06/01 at 20:43
Regular
How good do you rate the audio capabilities of your PS2. High? Well you can make them better.

This is one for the ritcher kids of the world ( or the one's whoose daddy buys them what they want(spoiled brats)) or people who like spending money.

Most of you PS2 owners will know that the console looks great, and all the official hardware and peripherals are designed to match. Well for thoose who have it all and still want more you should consider a sound system that matches the design of your PS2 to get the most from the PS2's superb audio capabilities. The only one I have seen so far is the AudioStorm PST PS2 speaker system and it looks great.
It has

55 WPC
Dolby Digital and Pro Logic decoding
5 satellites, 1 sub, and amp/processor
Digital optical and coaxial inputs
RCA analogue inputs
LCD on front panel
20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range
Remote control

and looks great.Now you can get the full from all your games and this makes watching DVD's through your PS2 outstanding.You should also know that PS2 sports a digital optical output. This output sends both Dolby Digital (AC-3) and DTS signals. Given the size and economical restraints, however, the unit will not have built-in decoders. This is where the AudioStorm PST shows being even more useful for your PS2.Its not only for use with your PS2
you can also use it with a DVD player or with a Hi-Fi system. But maybee sony should think about making an official one to boost the audio from the PS2.
if i had the cash i'd buy one, might wait to see if sony make one first.
Thu 14/06/01 at 20:53
Regular
I agree with slaveunit, a system built up from from hifi separates will always tend to sound noticeably better.

Although they can be a pain to setup, cost a little more, ruin relationships over lifting the carpets to hide cables and cause mounting credit card bills due to the Richer sounds shop being next to my department.
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:14
Regular
And being a student, I don't quite think so!!
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:11
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
£350 including the speakers is cheap, but you get what you pay for. I've got a mate who has one like that, and its not too bad - crisp enough to enjoy it, but my stereo is a cd deck, amp and speakers only, and cost me just over 900, and you can really tell the difference.

richer sounds are doing a sherwood digital amp for 400 (no speakers). I've heard it and its very impressive. If you've got the money, get it, but youre going to need at least £100 per speaker to match the quality of it.
Thu 14/06/01 at 11:45
£350 for a dolby digital decoder sounds pretty cheap. I was looking to get one for my DVD just over a year ago but was well surprised by their price. Still can't afford one at that price though!!

I was pretty surprised by the CD music playback. On the psone you used to get some wicked phsycodelic pictures while playing you cds but not now on PS2! why not? or am i missing something special?
Wed 13/06/01 at 23:42
Regular
Very, it allows you to hook up your video, TV, DVD player Stereo and any other device (PS2) and the sound is absolutely sweet!!
Wed 13/06/01 at 23:40
Bonus wrote:
> Sony already sell Dolby Digital speaker sets!! They have one in my
> local dixons for £350!!

That's a lot of money, must be good then.
Wed 13/06/01 at 23:39
Regular
Sony already sell Dolby Digital speaker sets!! They have one in my local dixons for £350!!
Wed 13/06/01 at 20:56
Regular
"Back For Good"
ah forget that, I'm happy with my 8 HUGE speakers linked to a subwoofer which is of course linked to my PS2.

The CD player on the PS2 is top quality too, I use the digi out to record onto my minidisc player, also linked up to my sub.

I would love to check out the 5:1 of the upcoming games and DVD's though but i just can't afford that, never mind.
Wed 13/06/01 at 20:43
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
How good do you rate the audio capabilities of your PS2. High? Well you can make them better.

This is one for the ritcher kids of the world ( or the one's whoose daddy buys them what they want(spoiled brats)) or people who like spending money.

Most of you PS2 owners will know that the console looks great, and all the official hardware and peripherals are designed to match. Well for thoose who have it all and still want more you should consider a sound system that matches the design of your PS2 to get the most from the PS2's superb audio capabilities. The only one I have seen so far is the AudioStorm PST PS2 speaker system and it looks great.
It has

55 WPC
Dolby Digital and Pro Logic decoding
5 satellites, 1 sub, and amp/processor
Digital optical and coaxial inputs
RCA analogue inputs
LCD on front panel
20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range
Remote control

and looks great.Now you can get the full from all your games and this makes watching DVD's through your PS2 outstanding.You should also know that PS2 sports a digital optical output. This output sends both Dolby Digital (AC-3) and DTS signals. Given the size and economical restraints, however, the unit will not have built-in decoders. This is where the AudioStorm PST shows being even more useful for your PS2.Its not only for use with your PS2
you can also use it with a DVD player or with a Hi-Fi system. But maybee sony should think about making an official one to boost the audio from the PS2.
if i had the cash i'd buy one, might wait to see if sony make one first.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.