GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo fails to get it's strap-on"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/12/06 at 08:29
Regular
"8==="
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6182013.stm[/URL]

No-doubt a legal strategy thanks to the United States of Injury Lawyers chomping at the bit to get some of Nintendo's cash. At-least now they're covered with a 'we told you so' if little Jimmy gets knocked out by a flying remote.

and the DS power units too... that'll be the end of Nintendo's reliability streak then. :)
Thu 21/12/06 at 19:37
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm now waiting for the 'Claims Direct' adverts to start on TV over here... :P
Thu 21/12/06 at 11:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
There was a page in the Sun a few days ago of Wii related injuries. One woman had a massive black eye, whoever let it go must have been well into the game :D
Wed 20/12/06 at 21:11
Regular
I found this funny :D

----

I got one of the first Wii but after a few minutes playing the strap broke and the controller shot off and hit my partner in the face resulting in two broken teeth. She slipped at the same time falling into the TV set and smashing the screen. The TV was plugged into the surround sound system and consequently pulled it over and smashing into my CD and DVD collection. I advise anyone to be careful of the wii
Jenny Howard, Beijing China
Wed 20/12/06 at 21:03
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
The whole recall is non-sense. Got an e-mail from Head Office last week saying that they aren't recalling anything, just offering a strap replcement for anybody who needs one.

If they py attention to what we tell them "HOLD ON TO THE DAMN CONTROLLER WHEN PLAYING" then there's no real problem, is there?

Laugh at the stupid people who throw them. They don't deserve the Wii's. Well, still believe that Jonathon Ross should have endorsed it (probably has somewhere - it's Wii-lly a Nintendo Rii!) By the way, I had to wash my work shirt today as it had Wii on it!
Fri 15/12/06 at 16:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The BBC are just so... I dunno, politically correct. It's not a recall, it's a wiicall.

Can't wait for the disc wiied errors.
Fri 15/12/06 at 15:26
"possibly impossible"
Yep. Shame about the power packs really. But at least it's not quite reached Sony's battery standards :D

As for the straps, I still can't see how people are doing it...
Fri 15/12/06 at 08:29
Regular
"8==="
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6182013.stm[/URL]

No-doubt a legal strategy thanks to the United States of Injury Lawyers chomping at the bit to get some of Nintendo's cash. At-least now they're covered with a 'we told you so' if little Jimmy gets knocked out by a flying remote.

and the DS power units too... that'll be the end of Nintendo's reliability streak then. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.