GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Silent Hill 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Silent Hill 4'.
Wed 15/09/04 at 22:29
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm not one to usually go out and buy a Silent Hill game, but I can't help being a little curious about the one coming out this Friday. Seems really messed up and cool. Anyone else been looking into this game ? Could do with a good horror game to play. ;-)

Should keep me busy till Star Wars Battlefront comes out. :-)
Wed 15/09/04 at 22:29
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm not one to usually go out and buy a Silent Hill game, but I can't help being a little curious about the one coming out this Friday. Seems really messed up and cool. Anyone else been looking into this game ? Could do with a good horror game to play. ;-)

Should keep me busy till Star Wars Battlefront comes out. :-)
Wed 15/09/04 at 22:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I remember playing a demo of silent hill for the playstation, i was walking down a sleazy allyway when i was suddenly attacked by a load of 2 foot midget mutants with knives.

I cacked my pants, completed the demo and havent been near it since.
Wed 15/09/04 at 22:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah this one looks pretty gory and freaky - looking forward to it. :-)
Wed 15/09/04 at 23:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The first two were absolutely fantastic, genuinely unsettling games that made me feel extremely nervous on more than one occasion.
Haven't played the 3rd one but might pick this one up.
Thu 16/09/04 at 00:48
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> The first two were absolutely fantastic, genuinely unsettling games
> that made me feel extremely nervous on more than one occasion.

Aww Bless. Did Goaty Woaty see a scary picture in his picture book? :P
Thu 16/09/04 at 12:39
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Silent 3 was great. A couple of bad moments wrestling with the camera and an *appalling* script, but overall a hugely unsettling game.

The last section made my flesh creep.

Whereas Resident Evil offers little more than cheap scares a la "cat in the box" moments, Silent Hill relies on a slow buildup throughout the game. Most of the weirdest moments leave you scratching your head thinking, "what just happened there?"
Sat 18/09/04 at 00:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I picked it up today and I think its the nuts. :-) Great combo of freaky weird stuff and horror as always. I don't wanna ruin the story and stuff for people who might be looking to get it, but one thing I do love is the "peeping" moments, where nobody can hear you trapped in your room, but you can see and hear them talking outside your door while looking through the peep hole. ;-)

Not to mention another little hole that comes along later. ;-p
Theres plenty of other stuff I could tell about, but as I said, I don't wanna ruin it. :-)

Excellent game though !
Sat 18/09/04 at 12:29
Regular
"Touched!"
I was going to pick this up yesturday but I decided to go for Riddick. How would you compare it to SH1/2/3? As from what reviewers have said it's more hack 'n slash rather than requiring you to think as much as previous games.
Sat 18/09/04 at 12:35
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
It's a very twisted game, I was playing the PS2 Demo last night and you start off in your bedroom. It's in 1st person view which makes it more scarier, you look around and see all these weird things that aren't supposed to be in your bedrrom and theres blood everywhere, then you go through the door and see a little sitting area (and your alone), when I went into the area I was expecting something to just out at me because thats the feel you get but nothing happened, the I looked at the fridgerator and as soon as I turned around a zombie-type-thing was coming out of the wall, it looked like that bald guy out of The Adam's Family.

Then theres a cut scene which is really spooky and stuff and then you start off in your room again but there s no blood, everythings where it's supposed to be and it's daytime.

Thank goodness for that.
Sat 18/09/04 at 15:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I'd say its sicker than the other games from what I played of them. Theres also some cool touches in the game that can really add tension and stuff. Sometimes you'll look through the peep hole in your door and someone will stare right back at you !

It creates a lot of those moments as you return to your apartment to hear weird sounds and things like the radio and tv being turned on, when they weren't on before. You expect things to happen and thats not always the case. You might go into a room to find a load of blood spattered up a wall, but nothing jumps out at you. I've gotten to a stage in the game now though where things DO happen. You get used to your apartment being a safe haven to return to, but then other things start to happen. Proper scary stuff. :-) Resident Evil is a great series, but this scares you in different ways, it builds up and makes you all cautious only for nothing to happen. But then of course there are the moments where something does happen, so you never really let your guard down.

I'd definatly say this is the best Silent Hill. Highly recommended. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.