GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Silent Hill 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Silent Hill 4'.
Wed 15/09/04 at 22:29
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm not one to usually go out and buy a Silent Hill game, but I can't help being a little curious about the one coming out this Friday. Seems really messed up and cool. Anyone else been looking into this game ? Could do with a good horror game to play. ;-)

Should keep me busy till Star Wars Battlefront comes out. :-)
Sun 26/09/04 at 14:06
Regular
"8==="
Did someone mention 'hack and slash'? :D
Sun 26/09/04 at 09:56
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Its more of a hack 'n slash game now.

Its a good game, but i prefer the format they used in Silent Hill 1 and 2.
Sun 26/09/04 at 02:23
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah but its only a few levels and you get to find out about the bits you had to just walk past earlier. ;-) The only bit that annoyed me was when I had to get the limbs out of the wells. That piece of crap constantly shooting at me.
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:14
Regular
"Braaains"
Except halfway through you end up having to backtrack again.
Sat 18/09/04 at 16:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Oh and as for the puzzles in the game, its more of a case of picking up an item and remembering a thing you walked past earlier and thinking "oh yeah, I know where this goes".

You do get a couple of room switch moments, but nothing too head scratching. Its more a case of exploring and beating things down to get past them. Normally a good stamp will keep most things stuck to the ground. ;-)
Sat 18/09/04 at 16:17
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
If you can handle horror games then this is the game for you but it's just TOO scary for me...
Sat 18/09/04 at 15:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I know what you mean, they just keep releasing quality title after quality title ! They just won't let us live !!! ;-)
Sat 18/09/04 at 15:22
Regular
"Touched!"
Excellent, another one to add to the list, I want quite a few games but I've still gotta finish Burnout 3 and move onto Riddick! Too many good games out at the moment! Spoilt for choice.
Sat 18/09/04 at 15:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I'd say its sicker than the other games from what I played of them. Theres also some cool touches in the game that can really add tension and stuff. Sometimes you'll look through the peep hole in your door and someone will stare right back at you !

It creates a lot of those moments as you return to your apartment to hear weird sounds and things like the radio and tv being turned on, when they weren't on before. You expect things to happen and thats not always the case. You might go into a room to find a load of blood spattered up a wall, but nothing jumps out at you. I've gotten to a stage in the game now though where things DO happen. You get used to your apartment being a safe haven to return to, but then other things start to happen. Proper scary stuff. :-) Resident Evil is a great series, but this scares you in different ways, it builds up and makes you all cautious only for nothing to happen. But then of course there are the moments where something does happen, so you never really let your guard down.

I'd definatly say this is the best Silent Hill. Highly recommended. :-)
Sat 18/09/04 at 12:35
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
It's a very twisted game, I was playing the PS2 Demo last night and you start off in your bedroom. It's in 1st person view which makes it more scarier, you look around and see all these weird things that aren't supposed to be in your bedrrom and theres blood everywhere, then you go through the door and see a little sitting area (and your alone), when I went into the area I was expecting something to just out at me because thats the feel you get but nothing happened, the I looked at the fridgerator and as soon as I turned around a zombie-type-thing was coming out of the wall, it looked like that bald guy out of The Adam's Family.

Then theres a cut scene which is really spooky and stuff and then you start off in your room again but there s no blood, everythings where it's supposed to be and it's daytime.

Thank goodness for that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.