GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Extra Champions League Spot, it's about time!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/06/01 at 12:24
Regular
Finally.....England will now have four teams in the 2002-03 UEFA Champions League following the performances of Manchester United, Arsenal, Leeds, Chelsea and Liverpool on the continent in recent years. However, the quota of three teams for next season's tournament will remain the same.

A bonus none the less.
Sun 17/06/01 at 20:55
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The extra place in the Champions League is because of the English teams success in Europe, not just the Champions League. Plus, England replaced another country for that extra spot because England had done better than the country they replaced.
Sun 17/06/01 at 20:42
England doesn't deserve another champions league spot, because, only leeds have proved themselves worthy in Europe. Even as a Man U fan, I think that there are too many places, because we can take them for granted, and put out weak sides in the league and still qualify.

Liverpools victory in the UEFA cup proves nothing, as many of the bigger sides who were there because of poor champs league performances dont care about the UEFA cup.

Man U stand a good chance next year, because of the money that sir Alex wants to spend to win it again before he retires.

If an English team wins the Champions league, then England deserves another spot, but why should we get another place whenever teams like chelsea and Liverpool make themselves high profile in spending sprees on over-valued foreign players. If we want an extra place, we should earn it.

Anyway, isn't it supposed to be for champions?
Sun 17/06/01 at 20:36
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Arsenal and Leeds also had parts to play.
Sun 17/06/01 at 18:57
Regular
"Back in black"
Well I think we have Liverpool and United to thank for that!
Sun 17/06/01 at 13:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The reason that England have got another Champions League spot is because English teams are doing better than others teams in Europe. It's not about winning European trophies. It rates success.
Sun 17/06/01 at 13:23
Regular
"Back in black"
I dont't think that gaining an extra champions league spot will help us win. It will just result in more competitiveness within the English teams. Alothough we don't like to admit it, but its true, we are not the best league in the world.

Real Madrid are the team we should be watching out for though, Spain has made a lot of progress lately. I can't see an English team winning that cup for a few years. At the moment are best hope is Liverpool. That is based on last seasons peformance.
Wed 13/06/01 at 13:41
Regular
Scotland only just got a second spot this year, but both teams must go through the qualifying stages!!
Wed 13/06/01 at 13:39
Regular
"Great Scott's"
It is good that the best league in the world has 4 places for the champions league, but will 2 teams make it though the qualifying rounds?

People say that teams like Liverpool, Man Utd, Leeds, Arsenal find the qualifying rounds very easy when they had to go through them, but it is not that easy!

Teams like AC Milan, Inter Milan and even Barcelona have fallen at the first hundle! Inter Milan did not make the group stage last year, even with Vieri, Seedrof, Blanc, Recoba, Zanetti, Di Biagio and Roberto Baggio (for one game).

I think the reason for that was that Inter thought they could win without even turning up mentally and physically ready for the game.

Barcelona and AC Milan have both done before, if i remember
rightly AC Milan did not get through the quaiflying pharse in 1996 and Barcelona in 1991 (i think).

The champions league qualifying round is not the easy part of the competition and Liverpool should remember this for this year. Although i hope they don't qualify because i hate Liverpool!!!

Last of all, when the Premiership do get the 4th spot, 3 and 4th place have to go into the qualifying rounds. Also by having this 4th spot Scotland have lost there 2nd Champions League Place, so there is only one spot to fight for in Scotland!
Wed 13/06/01 at 12:36
Regular
A Bonus, never, I love that little sod, but he's Scottish, we should onate that extra place to the SPL!!
Wed 13/06/01 at 12:24
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Finally.....England will now have four teams in the 2002-03 UEFA Champions League following the performances of Manchester United, Arsenal, Leeds, Chelsea and Liverpool on the continent in recent years. However, the quota of three teams for next season's tournament will remain the same.

A bonus none the less.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.