GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OXM RANT!!! PLEASE READ"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/09/04 at 11:59
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Ok seeing as this gets deleted on the official site i think ill post it on here.
A few readers have noticed 2 big mistakes in 2 games that were reviewed this month[issue34]which has bought up the question, do the staff even play the games they are reviewing??
The first was Headhunter which they gave 5.8. They complained about the graphics[funny seeing as they look like Prince of persia sands of time, which they said looked great]. But the big problem was this, 'The odd bike chase succeeds in breaking up the on-foot action' Now anyone who has played Headhunter will tell you that the Bike bits were taken out of the game.
The seconed one is Madden 2005 which they gave 8.5. Saying that there was LIVE play for up to 4 players, again this is not true as the Pal version does not support live play[this is the official mage and only reviews Pal games]. The question again did they even play the game??
Im sorry but how bad can it be if a mag is having to cut corners in their reviews?? How bad is it when Amuze[makers of headhunter] have to wright a letter on the OXM site about the false comments in the review?
I dont know any other mag that does this sort of thing?
Like i said if this sort of thing is posted on the official site they just delete it with instead of being grown ups and dealing with the matter properly.
Sat 25/09/04 at 17:13
Regular
Hannard wrote:
> But they have leverage - they're the only X-Box mag allowed to carry
> demos.

playable demos yes, but xbox world manages to have the better demos every month.
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:28
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> jim-hat wrote:
> I'm amazed at how wound up Tiltawhirl is getting. haha
>
> Well if you worked hard to earn money that fags like EA are pocketing
> then I'm sure you'd be a little pee'd off that games are half
> finished or don't even work. EA do what they do best. Ignore the
> situation and release an update a year later 'fixing' bugs but adding
> 100's more.

Working towards a game developer are you? Would be rather ironic if you end up working for them then.
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:27
Heh heh, just read a few of your whinings about not getting what you want. Want an online golf game that's playable on Live? Then set up your own dev house, get a publisher and do it yourself.EA can do what they want/have to, it's their business.
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:17
Regular
"Braaains"
But they have leverage - they're the only X-Box mag allowed to carry demos.
Sat 25/09/04 at 13:38
Regular
"\\"
Terrible. But if they don't back up the forums regularly then it's safe to call them morons.
Sat 25/09/04 at 13:24
Regular
MY GOD! the OXM site has been hacked! its madness over there at the moment, somehow someone got a mods password and has been deleting topics left right and centre..including every topic in the rants section. Over 25,000 posts have been deleted! At first we thought it was just a mod being an a$$ as usual but today its been even worse and the mods dont even work weekends. It was funny to start but after deleting popular threads its gone way too far. We had threads that were over 100pages just deleted this hacker for crying out loud. Good thing i signed up to another xbox site last week cause i can see them closeing down the OXM site soon.
Tue 21/09/04 at 15:54
Regular
I buy it so I can play the demo's.

There's usually 6 demo's on the disk, so £1 for each one isn't too bad.

I've never bought a game that I haven't already played, be it a demo or renting.
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:05
Regular
Mav wrote:
> OXM are appalling. In fact, most Xbox mags are.
>
> Save your money or get a multiformat one.

Save your money and use the internet.
Mon 20/09/04 at 19:17
Regular
OXM are appalling. In fact, most Xbox mags are.

Save your money or get a multiformat one.
Mon 20/09/04 at 10:30
Regular
what a suprise a topic like this was deleted again on the OXM site.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.