GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Black & White..Your thoughts."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 21:45
Regular
Im currently captured, as it be, by this supposed epic. Sure it is a great game but really it isn't absolutely fantastic is it??
There are some annoying parts to it and it would be interesting to know other people's opinions on the matter.
Or indeed if you wish, knowing about other people's greatest moments in the game.
Give us your thoughts, what have you discovered? is there anything you would like to share?
Tue 12/06/01 at 23:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
§w¡§µ wrote:
> Seeing that I use a laptop pc for everything, since the desktop is
> to old to even mention, I was wondering whether the pap graphics
> card I have would beable to handle B&W. Its a Ati 8 mb video
> type card. also something about AGP Rage Pro.

Does anyone know?

Not too sure, check the forums at bwgame.com and find out
Tue 12/06/01 at 23:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Batistuta wrote:
> So this game is really worth buying? is it really a masterpiece? How
> long does it take getting into, or do you get into it straight away?
> i might buy it.

It depends on how much you want to put into it.

You can bomb through it in a few days, OR you can spend weeks on it.
I'm back on level 1 for 2 weeks now, use a skirmish map to train my ape.
He knows all the miracles now.

Your creature starts aged 0 with neutral aligment and stats.
It's up to you how you raise it.
You can raise a morbidly obese psychopath that craps on burning buildings, or you can raise a loving and angelic creature that spends it's time helping the villages.

It's up to you.
Although what a lot of people do it have two games running seperately.

Hence I have an angelic ape that does nothing wrong and lives to please the little people.
And, I have an absolute demon cow that spends his hours setting fire to buildings, eating children and hurling cows across the sea like little pebbles.

It really is up to you what you want from it.
A simple "tamagotchi" type animal game, or an in-depth strategy with a creature you can mold to your desire.

You can have an ape, a silverback gorilla (YES!), a cow, a sheep, polar bear, goat, tiger, leopard, wolf, bear, lion and many others.

Just imagine the fun of sending a 200 year old demonic sheep into towns with the sole intention of burning temples and fouling itself in the creche.

Brilliant fun.
Tue 12/06/01 at 22:47
Seeing that I use a laptop pc for everything, since the desktop is to old to even mention, I was wondering whether the pap graphics card I have would beable to handle B&W. Its a Ati 8 mb video type card. also something about AGP Rage Pro.

Does anyone know?
Tue 12/06/01 at 22:46
Regular
So this game is really worth buying? is it really a masterpiece? How long does it take getting into, or do you get into it straight away? i might buy it.
Tue 12/06/01 at 22:43
Regular
"I like cheese"
My thoughts on Black And White??

Well, the entrance music sounds okay, but that's the only thing I know about it. The screen comes up white whenever I loaded it up.

Damn graphics card...
Tue 12/06/01 at 22:18
It sounds like you can do some pretty cool stuff on it! Apparently there's a mission where you have to save some people from drowning? Well my mates monkey thing saved them, and then ate them. The fool!
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:58
Regular
"You've upset me"
Goatboy wrote:
> I think it's fantastic.

What other game let's you own a monkey
> you can force feed and train to set fire to poo?

That, for me, is
> enough.

hehehehehe
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I think it's fantastic.

What other game let's you own a monkey you can force feed and train to set fire to poo?

That, for me, is enough.
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:52
Regular
"You've upset me"
The glitches!
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:45
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Im currently captured, as it be, by this supposed epic. Sure it is a great game but really it isn't absolutely fantastic is it??
There are some annoying parts to it and it would be interesting to know other people's opinions on the matter.
Or indeed if you wish, knowing about other people's greatest moments in the game.
Give us your thoughts, what have you discovered? is there anything you would like to share?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.