GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Legend of Mir"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 21:42
Regular
I was watching the "Game Ntework" channel on Sky yesterday when i heard about about a online game callled "Legend of Mir" so i went to the Web site (www.legendofmir.net) and decided to download the game but when i went to download it i found out on my computer it take 30+ hours to download. I dont know if this was a glitch or what. Ive got DAP (Download Accelerator Plus: get from www.speedbit.com) which is apparently ment to increase the speed of downloads and i was wondering if anyone knows of anything that could increase the speed of my downloads more than DAP does
Tue 12/06/01 at 22:21
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Well, this isn't really helpful because I'm on a cable modem, but two of the mirrors settled at around 30k/sec for me, projected download time of 3 hours. I didn't get a fileplanet login, but they've never been that fast for me in the past..

It's not a great speed, but it does depend on conditions at the time, what else you're doing, and how busy the site is. I've had over double that speed from other places in the past, but you'd be lucky to get that sort of file in under 20 hours on a dial-up. Just use a download manager and run it in the background whenever you're online.
Tue 12/06/01 at 22:16
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
§w¡§µ wrote:
> How big is the actual downloadable file? Very big if it takes that
> long.

There are programs you can get on the net which can edit
> the properties of your modem setup to an advanced stage. One option
> it can change is the speed. For some reason when you set your modem
> up its not running at its maximum settings. Using the program can
> change this, and speed it up. (But only by a tiny bit unforunately,
> but with a big file like that you probably could notice the
> difference)

i think its about 210 MB
Tue 12/06/01 at 22:12
How big is the actual downloadable file? Very big if it takes that long.

There are programs you can get on the net which can edit the properties of your modem setup to an advanced stage. One option it can change is the speed. For some reason when you set your modem up its not running at its maximum settings. Using the program can change this, and speed it up. (But only by a tiny bit unforunately, but with a big file like that you probably could notice the difference)
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:53
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
TheMorrigan wrote:
> 30+ Hours??geez thats TOO much.
There has to be something wrong.

can someone else try to see if its a glitch or not
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:48
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
30+ Hours??geez thats TOO much.
There has to be something wrong.
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:42
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
I was watching the "Game Ntework" channel on Sky yesterday when i heard about about a online game callled "Legend of Mir" so i went to the Web site (www.legendofmir.net) and decided to download the game but when i went to download it i found out on my computer it take 30+ hours to download. I dont know if this was a glitch or what. Ive got DAP (Download Accelerator Plus: get from www.speedbit.com) which is apparently ment to increase the speed of downloads and i was wondering if anyone knows of anything that could increase the speed of my downloads more than DAP does

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.